X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

My Recent Replica Score

Not bad at all! Once You get the Bodie's swapped out for Original mego...it'll be just like owning the real Thing!
    sigpic
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

You can't beat that price, and once you swap the bodies, they'll be pretty cool. Robin Hoods are about the best work CTVT did in my opinion. The Knights and Pirates are pretty decent. The Westerns are a little weak, more off on clothing material than anything else, but still decent.

On new bodies, they'll be much cooler!

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

Great Score Johnny. Everything is pretty Cheep on the Web page these days too.
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Great score, one we all wouldn't have even imagined possible a couple years ago. You should do an assessment of the figures to see which ones you really feel the need to replace. My experience shows me that some of the Legend figures had the best bodies (especially Robin Hood and the Pirates, but the Westerns not so much).

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

4 sets for $90... can't beat that price, congrats
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• ramsey37
            • Jun 18, 2001

Yep!

Originally posted by Hulk
            Great score, one we all wouldn't have even imagined possible a couple years ago. You should do an assessment of the figures to see which ones you really feel the need to replace. My experience shows me that some of the Legend figures had the best bodies (especially Robin Hood and the Pirates, but the Westerns not so much).
            I've bought a few of the CTVT Pirates, and the bodies on all of them were actually quite good. I just wish the monster bodies were as good.
            George

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Congrats man,nice pick up.For $90 you can't go wrong
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• DocDrako
                Formerly Doc Drako
                • Nov 11, 2004

I bought the Robin Hood set and put them on T1 bodies. I never really liked the T1 bodies, but now they're growing on me. Oddly enough, the CTVT sandals that came with my Friar Tuck wouldn't stay on his CTVT feet, but they stay on the Mego T1 feet.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ramsey37
                  I just wish the monster bodies were as good.
                  I put the Monsters all on glow bodies which are actually really nice.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ramsey37
                    • Jun 18, 2001

Yeah, I've used a few of the Glow bodies myself. They're some of the best stuff CTVT made. I should also add that the bodies on the Red-Haired Dracula and Blue-Haired Frankenstein exclusives are actually not nearly as bad as the original monster bodies that CTVT used. They can actually stand on their own without falling over
                    George

Comment

• roman
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jan 25, 2003

i have at least one type one if ya need it

Comment

• saildog
                        Permanent Member
                        • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by ramsey37
                        I've bought a few of the CTVT Pirates, and the bodies on all of them were actually quite good. I just wish the monster bodies were as good.
                        George
                        I just got my first ever CTVT figures and the bodies for Robin Hood, Wil Scarlett, Little John, Drac, and The Mummy were great. Absolutely no complaints. I was planning to get them and put them on new bodies, but there is really no need.

Frankie, The Wolfman, and Friar Tuck are a different story. More like the reports on CTVT bodies I have read.

I don't know what they did differently with the ones I consider to be good, but they are nice and tight and pose great.

Comment

• Captain
                          Fighting the good fight!
                          • Jun 17, 2001

One thing I've found with doing body swaps....the CTVT outfits dont fit Doc Mego bodies, or Mego type II's, worth a darn. Well....some fit, some dont....sometimes the outfits are from the same character too? For example,I ordered a ton of Wild Bill outfits up for the black pants. Some fit ok, others were even tight on type ones and CTVT bodies?
                          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎