X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Endeavor Schematics in the Gallery

Over the weekend I uploaded a lot of drawings with possible layout for the interior of the Micronauts ship, The Endeavor. Most are over at the Micropolis Embassy. I just added a few of the best to my folder here at the museum if anyone wants to take a look.

These are pretty rough but similar to the blue-prints Franz Joseph did for the U.S.S. Enterprise in the 1970's. The version at 3 decks tall could be a toy but the larger one at 4 decks high really starts to approach a working Micronauts spacecraft. If anyone is really into this and has suggestions, comments or criticisms let me know. I thought of some of the things that go into the ship's design but I can't think of everything. I did put in toilets in case anyone was curious to know where they might be!

• Ranger 3
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 25, 2007

I'm not steeped enough in Micronauts lore to add suggestions, but I really like where this is going. I especially like the idea of incorporating existing Micro toys into the ship wherever possible, making this the ultimate micronauts toy!

I guess my only suggestion would be to maintain the 'toy' aspect wherever possible. In other words, strike a balance between a fully detailed model and a workable toy. Use sticker control panels wherever possible, and keep 3-d details solid and strong.

I really loved the Micronauts comic back 'in the day'- nice way to capture it!

Mark

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

Thanks for the compliments Mark!

Comment

• ThatBatmanGuy
        Career Member
        • May 14, 2007

Great work John! I like the one you built. Looks like you use foam board? I've wanted to build one of those ships ever since Pat Brodrick drew the plans back in the first series. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is no display area for it.

Bob

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by ThatBatmanGuy
          Great work John! I like the one you built. Looks like you use foam board? I've wanted to build one of those ships ever since Pat Brodrick drew the plans back in the first series. The only thing that keeps me from doing it is no display area for it.

Bob
          Foam board is easy to work with tho limited in colors. I even made the rounded cone hull/exterior plating out of foam board. The med & large versions I have started would make great toys. I'd like to do a scale version at 3, 4 or even 5 decks high, ( the Pat Broderick version), scale for the figures but it would be tremendous. Perhaps if someone would put together a Micronauts convention that was within travelling distance of where I live I could build the really large ones.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎