X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kept back
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 2, 2002

I believe in Harvey Dent, two!

Enter your code and email at the bottom. Pretty sure we're trying to inveil an image of Heath Ledger as the Joker underneath this thing.
    Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

I did my part, x=322, y=106 was me. The upper part of the R in FOR

Comment

• joshvox
      Clown Prince of Crime
      • Mar 21, 2006

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME. I love how they are promoting this.

Comment

• joshvox
        Clown Prince of Crime
        • Mar 21, 2006

if you try to enter your email twice it says:

Trying to cheat a cheater. You make me smile.

I don't think I've been this geeked in years

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

This is a brilliant marketing ploy.

Comment

• joshvox
            Clown Prince of Crime
            • Mar 21, 2006

This the finished photo from SHH:

Last edited by joshvox; May 21, '07, 7:36 AM. Reason: put in a better picture

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Really ghoulish, hope its for real this time.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

While I think it is very creepy, and cool, I'm thinking my kid may have to sit this one out, and that will kill him. I had trepidations about taking him to see Begins. I'll just have to wait and see...

I'm sure Mattel will market the hell out of this either way, making it even harder to tell him "It's too scary buddy."

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• joshvox
                  Clown Prince of Crime
                  • Mar 21, 2006

I don't know, maybe I'm totally wrong here, but I don't think they will make it an R movie. They would just lose too much money. You can still market toys on a PG-13 movie--an R movie is pretty shaky ground isn't it?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

PG-13 or not, I'm thinking the Joker may be too frightening for my kid. I'm not saying they should change it to suit me, but they are walking a fine line with going too dark for kids under 12 or so. The major Batman fan in me loves it, loves the respect for the material Nolan has. The dad in me says "oh crap. My kid is really going to want to see that, but it will give him nightmares for a month'.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      PG-13 or not, I'm thinking the Joker may be too frightening for my kid. I'm not saying they should change it to suit me, but they are walking a fine line with going too dark for kids under 12 or so. The major Batman fan in me loves it, loves the respect for the material Nolan has. The dad in me says "oh crap. My kid is really going to want to see that, but it will give him nightmares for a month'.

Chris
                      While I certainly understand your point of view as a dad, as a non-dad I gotta say I'm totally psyched about this. Maybe a little selfish, but I hope Nolan will make the Joker a total raving lunatic. While I have much respect for Nicholson's portayal as the Prince of Crime he just wasn't insane enough, if you know what I mean.
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• joshvox
                        Clown Prince of Crime
                        • Mar 21, 2006

a few more joker tidbits today for those interested:

Comment

• namtab29
                          #1 Aquaman Fan
                          • Feb 22, 2005

i hear you Chris. we had this thread before on the old board--i'm NOT a Dad, but i would love it if they could ramp down the intensity just a touch, but that pic of Ledger--while admittedly VERY COOL--doesnt seem to be going in that lighter direction. hell, that picture gives ME the creeps.

again, it feels oddly inappropriate for them to make action figures (which of course they will) of The Joker when he looks like a character out of Se7en.

rob!
                          http://www.namtab.com
                          http://www.treasurycomics.com
                          http://aquamanshrine.blogspot.com
                          http://digestcomics.blogspot.com
                          http://www.allinblackandwhitefor75cents.com
                          http://heykidscomix.blogspot.com

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Meule
                            While I certainly understand your point of view as a dad, as a non-dad I gotta say I'm totally psyched about this. Maybe a little selfish, but I hope Nolan will make the Joker a total raving lunatic. While I have much respect for Nicholson's portayal as the Prince of Crime he just wasn't insane enough, if you know what I mean.
                            The board has heard my lukewarm reaction to Begins already----but I
                            feel I the need to reiterate that along with the pretty stock "Gotham getting
                            poisoned " plot the whole pre-costume buncha stuff falling flat for me is
                            what cinched my "average" rating----

Now...regarding The Dark Knight...

With the pre-costume stuff outta the way and one of the sickest criminals
                            in the DCU starring in this Dark Knight flick
                            EVEN tho' I'm more a fan of "light-hearted" Batman stuff ala
                            Nicholson's portrayal I STILL will concede that if Dark Knight can give
                            the Joker a persona akin to Hannibal Lecter, a creepy "adult contructed"
                            persona that is truly engrossing----then I'd be curious
                            to see this Dark Knight get darker than lighter----

Of course the one thing that'd concern me in that scenario is keeping
                            the intrigue of the Batman characters full force for smaller children in pop culture,
                            but as someone pointed out in that other thread on this subject----that's
                            what the Batman TV shows are for I guess
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Wow that's pretty creepy, I have wondered how they'd handle the Joker as he could camp things up.

I can't bring my son to these regardless so I'm not really that bummed out, the first Spider-man freaks him out. I do feel for dads on the fence but as a silver lining maybe it'll turn out to be not so bad.

People ask me why I like the FF movie, it's definitely because I took my son to it.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎