• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris DVM
    Veterinarian Member
    • Jun 18, 2001

Undo's At MegoMeet

Hey,
    For those who have attended in the past, Saturday night we always end up at a restaurant called Undo's. The food is good, the atmosphere pretty cool. We mostly go there for two reasons:
    1) They can accomadate our size group.
    2) They are the only restaurant around that will allow separate checks for a group this size.
    Anyway, this year they requested that we have only four items on our menu that would be offered. It makes it easier for them so they have enough of what they might need. I chose at the last minute the items on the menu for this year - a beef, a chicken, a vegetarian and a sandwich.
    I had the 5 cheeze lasagna, and was very unimpressed with it. It was bland and pretty forgettable. Since we will be returning next year, and since they will probably require the same type of deal, please let me know how you rated your meal and if I should keep it for next year. Also, if you have any alternative suggestions for a meal (I know you don't have a menu in front of you, but still. . .), please respond. This will only make next year better.
    I'm hoping to get feedback from almost everyone there so I can get a good feel for next year.
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Thanks for coordinating all that Chris.

Sean was looking forward to their Chicken parmesan.
    I had the sirloin and it was fine. Not knock ya off your socks great, but doable for $19 (meal + tax+ drink + tip).

Year before, I remember I had their Calzone which was decent as long as ya like a lot of that ricotta cheese.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I had good luck with the Steak once and my Calzone was OK the prior year.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

I had the chicken and didn't care for it. Another issue I saw people with kids who obvioulsy didn't want any of the four choices. From the limited info I could gain of their website they appear to have both oven fried chicken and pizza. Both ideal choices for kids and those of us who want something "safe".

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

We need to go back to what we had last year - those 11 or 12 items at different prices. The "everything was $19" was a joke. There was no way that hoagie was worth $19. The steak - maybe. We go each year and each year the boys and I look forward to the calzone and fries, which was not offered this time. They were pretty depressed about it. However, Alan got them to change it for us so we ordered our calzone and 2 orders of fries. This will usually run me around $33 with drinks. But this year they still charged me the $19 for 3 dinners. If it's the same next year I don't see us eating there again.

When we arrived there and asked the waitress about the menu all she did was complain she just takes orders and she wanted her $3 tip per person she was going to get for the group. I mean really, what's the difference in our group or just a busy night where all the tables are full.

I like eating at Undos. I really do. The pizza bread is always good, the salad is good and as I've said we live for the calzone and fries. I hope we can continue to eat there but it cannot be the same as this last time.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• bleit1701
            Career Member
            • Jan 1, 2009

The new price was a surprise but I can deal. Of course I don't have 2 grown kids like Scott.

Going from 12 to 4 choices is a bit much. I think they could do at least 6 - 8 choices.

There aren't that many kids so there's no reason they can't have anything they want at menu price.
            Better late than never.....

Comment

• Chris DVM
              Veterinarian Member
              • Jun 18, 2001

Hey,
              The price - what they told me they do is average the cost of all the meals and then make the price the same. I know that the steak usually goes for about $21 and the Italian sandwich goes for $14, so the average with drink and tip was $19. Next year I will tell them not to do that since more people probably paid more than those who paid less.
              If the concensus is that Calzones are more appealing, then they are in. I need to keep at least one vegetarian on the menu, unless they will allow a technical 5th item vegetarian (I will try), since I know there will not be a huge number of people who will go that route (probably). Rank the items, but also make suggestions please.
              Chris DVM
              "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                However, Alan got them to change it for us so we ordered our calzone and 2 orders of fries..
                we tried ordering off their 4-item menu and we were refused...even after I politely showed displeasure in choices...she had a "take it or leave it" attitude.

Comment

• stabilio
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2002

I think this situation was a problem as well. Not a problem for me personally but still a problem. We had at least 8 choices for 6 years at different prices.

This year there were 4, not much to choose from. And there was nothing for the kids really.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Scott you were charged $57 for 1 Calzone and 2 orders of fries? I think I heard that Ed's daughter was charged $19 for an order of fries only. That's ludicrous, I would have walked out.

I'm not sure how this change came about but if they think they can impose whatever they want on 60+ paying customers that they would not ordinarily have, then we can give them a simple GFY. It might be a bit of a hassle, but I'm certain we can find a place that will accomodate us.

If it comes down to us finding the best 4 choices to accomodate everyone, I would rather not eat there anymore. They need to accomodate us, not the other way around.
                  Last edited by stabilio; Jun 14, '11, 3:54 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by noelani72
                    she had a "take it or leave it" attitude.
                    So did ours. I'm not sure how Alan worked his magic, but I'm glad he did. It's not Mego Meet without having the calzone and fries with my boys.
                    Last edited by ScottA; Jun 14, '11, 3:59 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

Undo's has THE best chicken alfredo I've ever had, nothing else is even close. I was looking forward to it all year. Then on Saturday night I end up with a...sandwich. It's really nobody's fault, it's just a decision made by Undo's to not waste anything, but they pulled back too much. I'm sure the other groups or families got a standard menu.

They didn't seem to thrilled with having us though, so maybe we look at another venue option. I don't know wenough about Wheeling to make a suggestion, just floating a few thoughts out there.

Scott
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

I have been looking over their website...and I cannot find a menu so we can discuss options.
                        Am I just missing it??

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Chris DVM
                          Hey,
                          The price - what they told me they do is average the cost of all the meals and then make the price the same. I know that the steak usually goes for about $21 and the Italian sandwich goes for $14, so the average with drink and tip was $19. Next year I will tell them not to do that since more people probably paid more than those who paid less. Chris DVM
                          Why does there need to be an average price? Are they too lazy to add up meals? I know some got water. Why pay for something you didin't order.

So they have to work a little. Won't hurt them. Next year we just all show up at the same time and not as a group. Then what do they do?

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by ScottA
                            Why does there need to be an average price? Are they too lazy to add up meals? I know some got water. Why pay for something you didin't order.

So they have to work a little. Won't hurt them. Next year we just all show up at the same time and not as a group. Then what do they do?
                            and this has been a tradition for how many years?
                            Our group isn't rowdy and no one gets drunk and obnoxious.
                            The vibe of this thread leans heavy towards a common displeasure of service...maybe tradition should be broken?
                            I don't want to be a jerk with Undo's...but Ron said exactly how I felt.

Comment

• David Lee
                              The Fix-it-up Chappie
                              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by noelani72
                              and this has been a tradition for how many years?
                              Our group isn't rowdy and no one gets drunk and obnoxious.
                              The vibe of this thread leans heavy towards a common displeasure of service...maybe tradition should be broken?
                              I don't want to be a jerk with Undo's...but Ron said exactly how I felt.
                              Well if it's being a jerk? Then I gotta what I gotta do... our service was aweful! I don't mean kinda bad, I mean rediculous with a side of health code violations... We were told bread was scarce and she didn't know if she could get any for our table. When we asked for more salad she grabbed a half uneaten bowl from another table... she brought us uneaten bread from another table as well...

This was the straw for me. I love you guys and I think it's a great thing to all eat together, but we don't all eat together, and the food is marginal (when there were better choices) at best and the service is bung hole terrible. I won't be eating there next year... I may stop by and say hello, but I will be "eating" somewhere else.

-Dave
                              Last edited by David Lee; Jun 14, '11, 5:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎