X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

Let's get some more women to the Meet

I'm pretty sure I was the only female board member at the Meet this year and last. If I'm not mistaken, Theressa has attended in the past. I know there are other Mego women on this board, and I'm really hoping some of you will decide to join us next year. Not that I don't love talking to the guys and their wives, but there are several female members I'd like to meet.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

I think that many other female members live far away and haven't the money to make the trip. I would like to see them visit next time but life gets in the way. I also think if they visit 1 time they will be motivated to attend more often because of the good vibes.

Ladies, make a vow to attend next year. Start saving now, work on items you can sell in person now to offset the cost of going, start a savings fund for the trip, mark your calendars for next year, reserve the days off. I think many of you can do it-just plan ahead!

Comment

• MLoudin
      Possessed by Megos
      • Sep 13, 2007

My wife LOVED the meet, except when the Red Skull sat on her lap ... She picked up almost as much stuff as I did!

Comment

• jemboy2004
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2005

Originally posted by del
        I'm pretty sure I was the only female board member at the Meet this year and last. If I'm not mistaken, Theressa has attended in the past. I know there are other Mego women on this board, and I'm really hoping some of you will decide to join us next year. Not that I don't love talking to the guys and their wives, but there are several female members I'd like to meet.
        I'd love to see the female member's come as well. I think you were the first female member I'd seen there in the 3 times I've gone with Mike.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Rose Baltazar is a member, although mainly due to and for the purposes of keeping up with Mego Meet I think.

But I agree... Mars (and MegoMeet) needs women! Big shout out to the wife's and girlfriends who came and supported their significant others though, they are getting more common every year, as well as the kids. The first meet was a total sausage fest, and it took years before women came to and spent any significant time in the Mego Suite. Progess, folks. Let's start a write in campaign for Dinah-Mite as the new Mayor of Megoville!
          Last edited by Hulk; Jun 14, '11, 6:40 AM.

Comment

• Type3Toys
            Home Of The Type3 Body
            • Jan 18, 2005

My wife took the trip with me twice. Trouble is, unless the wife/girlfriend is a collector, there is nothing for them to do at the meet. There is very little for them to do at the WV location for that matter. I could not even bring the kids at that time because they are still in school.
            LOOK
            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
            To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• david_b
              Never had enough toys..
              • May 9, 2008

I seriously doubt some of our attending members doing 'male dance routines' would pull them in.
              Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                My wife took the trip with me twice. Trouble is, unless the wife/girlfriend is a collector, there is nothing for them to do at the meet. There is very little for them to do at the WV location for that matter. I could not even bring the kids at that time because they are still in school.
                I sent mine to the spa in the conference centre last year near the golf course. There is also a big park and a zoo there for the kids... I know wilbs sent his wife a d daughter there the day prior.

Highlands is five minutes up the road for big box shopping and restaurants.
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                  Formerly known as Del
                  • Dec 12, 2004

Originally posted by Hulk
                  Rose Baltazar is a member, although mainly due to and for the purposes of keeping up with Mego Meet I think.

But I agree... Mars (and MegoMeet) needs women! Big shout out to the wife's and girlfriends who came and supported their significant others though, they are getting more common every year, as well as the kids. The first meet was a total sausage fest, and it took years before women came to and spent any significant time in the Mego Suite. Progess, folks. Let's start a write in campaign for Dinah-Mite as the new Mayor of Megoville!
                  While I appreciate the patient spouses and significant others(including my own husband) joining us, I was more referring to female Museum members. I actually didn't realize Rose had joined, but I was very happy to see her again this year.
                  Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                  https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                  http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

I know I'm an active female member, but going to WV just isn't in the cards for me. I would have to fly out, and that would have to be Friday night or Saturday morning as I do have to work. Then I'd have to turn right around and fly back Sunday, and that just isn't worth it. I understand the reasons for picking that particular place for the meet, and I know there are no plans to relocate. I'll just have to keep hoping that the West Coast meets catch on. (yeah right!)
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jessica
                      fortune favors the bold
                      • Nov 5, 2007

That would be cool but it's too far from Ape City.
                      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I could go next year and be in drag if you'd like. But it wouldn't be pretty for anyone to see.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                          I know I'm an active female member, but going to WV just isn't in the cards for me. I would have to fly out, and that would have to be Friday night or Saturday morning as I do have to work. Then I'd have to turn right around and fly back Sunday, and that just isn't worth it. I understand the reasons for picking that particular place for the meet, and I know there are no plans to relocate. I'll just have to keep hoping that the West Coast meets catch on. (yeah right!)
                          Your work doesn't give you vacation? You can't take Wed-Fri off? You already know when it is next year. If people want to go bad enough they work it out. All you have to do is plan it. Several members from the west coast have come so it can be done.

I know everyone wants it in their back yard. I'd love it if it was held in Atlanta, a major hub for every city in the US. But it's not and that's fine. I save and I plan and I go.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            I could go next year and be in drag if you'd like. But it wouldn't be pretty for anyone to see.
                            This is useless without pics....
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by ScottA
                              Your work doesn't give you vacation? You can't take Wed-Fri off? You already know when it is next year. If people want to go bad enough they work it out. All you have to do is plan it. Several members from the west coast have come so it can be done.

I know everyone wants it in their back yard. I'd love it if it was held in Atlanta, a major hub for every city in the US. But it's not and that's fine. I save and I plan and I go.
                              1) June isn't a good time for a vacation where I work, b/c the the school year is ending and the summer program is starting, and we have to get all the new kids acclamated.

2) I already have plans for my vacation next year.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎