X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

My 2011 MEGO MEET

Once again another Meet has come and gone. They truly do go by too fast. It's growing by leaps and bounds. We added an entire room and still did not have an extra table. The number of new members making the Meet quest each year is also up. All great things to see and truly a credit to what the Meet is all about.

Instead of just listing names and thanks, I thought I'd make this years review a bit more from a personal level. A little showing, not of what the Meet 2011 was, but what it has become, to me, after attending 5 of them.

I've been fortunate in my years to have a number of good friends. School, my years in R/C racing, etc. I still have friends I see from other experiences, but after being in toys for over 20 years, more and more I realize some of the best friends I've made, in life, have been through this site. You all know who you are and it's the real reason to make the trip each year. Some I get to see at other events during the year but some I only see here and it truly is not enough time to see everyone.

This year we had a scare prior to the event with Jim Hampton's medical issue. Another of the great people I've met through here. Looks like all is well with it but to see the number of members inquire about his well being just goes to show Mego's really are the second thing of importance, even at the Meet, the people come first. Even if you're not there. Get well soon Jimmy, look forward to seeing you next year.

So this year I say thanks, not for what was done, but to the people for simply being who they are, and allowing me to be a part of it. There really is no where on earth that "GFY" truly comes from the heart with love and affection, other than Wheeling WV. 362 days will not pass fast enough. See ya in 2012.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

where's the "like" button?

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Brue
      where's the "like" button?
      totally!

I gotta say Chuck sums it up nicely.
      Thanks goes out to Chuck for inspiring my son's creativeness.
      Many times, I'd look around for Sean, and he was off somewhere with Chuck digging thru bins of parts to build customs...or he was headhunting with Austin...Sean had a GREAT time and hated leaving as much as I did.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

thanks for being the suite minder Chuck, as well as doing the Official T-shirts this year with Art's design.

It's now my favourite shirt ever.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by megocrazy
          This year we had a scare prior to the event with Jim Hampton's medical issue. Another of the great people I've met through here. Looks like all is well with it but to see the number of members inquire about his well being just goes to show Mego's really are the second thing of importance, even at the Meet, the people come first. Even if you're not there. Get well soon Jimmy, look forward to seeing you next year.
          It was kind of an odd year that way wasn't it? Glad Jim's back and posting here, and he was missed at the meet. Also sad to hear that MegoApesNut arrived and then had to turn around again because of his father's situation. I was really looking forward to meeting him. Those cards were terrific.

Then there was that car crash Dave and I got into and were fortunate enough to walk away from given how fast that dude came up behind us and us going into the oncoming lane. Very lucky he had such a sturdy vehicle since the other guy's looked like an accordian.

(and Steve had car troubles as well I think)

The take-away I got from all this is that I want everyone to really take care of themselves in this next year so that we all will be able to raise a glass together in 2012 and beyond.
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• trekman101
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2009

Totally agree Chuck........had a good time working on the Mudd figures with you and enjoyed the insightful talk we had Saturday night in the suite
            "Thats the ticket laddie"

Comment

• megojim
              Permanent Member
              • Oct 13, 2001

Chuck,
              I really don't what to say other than thanks, you know how much you guys mean to me as well. We are a weird, but close knit family, that just happen to share a common interest. Like many, the first year I attended Mego Meet I was really pumped up to grab some great items. By the time I left and every year since, I realized the stuff you can get is just the icing on the cake.

Make no mistake people, Mego Meet is about the guys getting together, hanging out and solving the worlds problems.

Although I only see you guys once a year I feel that you are some of my best friends. I've been truly humbled by the last week's out pouring of "get wells".

Can't wait to see you guys next year!
              Last edited by megojim; Jun 13, '11, 4:27 PM.
              My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• MLoudin
                Possessed by Megos
                • Sep 13, 2007

I agree with Brue... this thread needs a Like button!!!

Comment

• VintageMike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Dec 16, 2004

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Side note: I'll be ready to model the T-shirts durability again next year!

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

Agreed, the Tshirts were fantastic and it was good talking to you.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Chuck is the man. Group hug Dude.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰