X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I am sleepy (and somewhat of a thief)

I had to leave Megomeet early this year, thanks to my daughter's passion for dance, I may have to leave early from now on. While driving back I had a few regrets, some discoveries and some things left unsaid.

ChrisDVM- While I said goodbye to you, I never said what a good job you did running the show. I was tired when leaving but you looked even more tired, so I thought I'd say it publicly.

I steal things from guys name John- I stole John Farley's tape and on Friday night John Michaels showed me a headsculpt, which I discovered in my suitcase when I woke up in Buffalo on Sunday. Sorry fellas.

Dr Mego- Paul and I had a meeting in his room where he handed me a tremendous bag of green......pants. Paul busted his tail feathers to get some mantooth goodness to the show, I wish I had the enegery to finish the rest of the museum pieces in time to do some sort of crazy "early bird" but I wasn't very focused. I also regret not getting some podcast time with him but it's hard to work when you run into interesting people at every turn.

Let's talk about the back room- I couldn't have been saddled with better folks in the new (kinda humid) dealers room. Austin, Brian, Steve, Dave, Jason and David, Chris, Dave, Paul, Gary and Bob, it was a true and great pleasure sharing a small space with you. I can't apologize about hogging the fan though.

Random Goodbyes in case I missed ya It was pleasure to once again see: Amy (Del) and her very patient husband, Mike Parker, Art and Rose B (My kids Looooooved the sketches to death and I had to read that digest twice last night), Paul Clare, Ron Peritore, Bill McFarland and his lovely wife (who knows her cool bands), Scott (Randomaxe), Scott (ScottA), Lee, Anthony, Trappy, Mark, the brothers Conlon, Berto and Tom (Ok I didn't miss you saying goodbye to you guys but I thought I'd say it twice), Chuck, Ray and Collette, Brue and Lily, Chad, Twiki I'm sure I left out some folks here, I'm in severe sleep debt so please don't take it as a slight, you were enjoyed.

Special Thanks to: Scott Miller (Megoapesnut) for the amazing cards and tremendous generosity, Ed (Sam Noir) for keeping me awake on the road, The folks at TheBigToyAuction - The #1 Live-Auction Website for Action Figures, Modern Toys and Collectibles! and of course, Alan and the wonderful staff at the Kruger Street Toy Museum.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
    I had to leave Megomeet early this year, thanks to my daughter's passion for dance, I may have to leave early from now on. While driving back I had a few regrets, some discoveries and some things left unsaid.

ChrisDVM- While I said goodbye to you, I never said what a good job you did running the show. I was tired when leaving but you looked even more tired, so I thought I'd say it publicly.

I steal things from guys name John- I stole John Farley's tape and on Friday night John Michaels showed me a headsculpt, which I discovered in my suitcase when I woke up in Buffalo the next day. Sorry fellas.

Dr Mego- Paul and I had a meeting in his room where he handed me a tremendous bag of green......pants. Paul busted his tail feathers to get some mantooth goodness to the show, I wish I had the enegery to finish the rest of the museum pieces in time to do some sort of crazy "early bird" but I wasn't very focused. I also regret not getting some podcast time but it's hard to work when you run into interesting people at every turn.

Let's talk about the back room- I couldn't have been saddled with better folks in the new (kinda humid) dealers room. Austin, Brian, Steve, Dave, Jason and David, Chris, Dave, Gary and Bob, it was a true and great pleasure sharing a small space with you.

Random Goodbyes in case I missed ya It was pleasure to once again see: Amy (Del) and her very patient husband, Mike Parker, Art and Rose B (My kids Looooooved the sketches to death and I had to read that digest twice last night), Paul Clare, Ron Peritore, Bill McFarland and his lovely wife (who knows her cool bands), Scott (Randomaxe), Scott (ScottA), Lee, Trappy, Mark, The brothers Conlon, Berto and Tom (Ok I didn't miss you saying goodbye to you guys but I thought I'd say it twice), Chuck, Ray and Collette, Brue and Lily, Chad I'm sure I left out some folks here, I'm in severe sleep debt so please don't take it as a slight, you were enjoyed.

Special Thanks to: Scott Miller for the amazing cards and generosity, Ed (Sam Noir) for keeping me awake on the road, The folks at TheBigToyAuction - The #1 Live-Auction Website for Action Figures, Modern Toys and Collectibles! and of course, Alan and the wonderful staff at the Kruger Street Toy Museum.
    Brian, consider the tape a deposit on a Human Wolfman poster
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

I steal things from guys name John- I stole John Farley's tape and on Friday night John Michaels showed me a headsculpt, which I discovered in my suitcase when I woke up in Buffalo on Sunday. Sorry fellas.
      Brian, I gave that to you on Fri night. You were so hammered tho...

Also you forgot some catalogs I gave you which I will have to mail back to you.

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Random Goodbyes in case I missed ya It was pleasure to once again see: Amy (Del) and her very patient husband, Mike Parker, Art and Rose B (My kids Looooooved the sketches to death and I had to read that digest twice last night), Paul Clare, Ron Peritore, Bill McFarland and his lovely wife (who knows her cool bands), Scott (Randomaxe), Scott (ScottA), Lee, Anthony, Trappy, Mark, the brothers Conlon, Berto and Tom (Ok I didn't miss you saying goodbye to you guys but I thought I'd say it twice), Chuck, Ray and Collette, Brue and Lily, Chad, Twiki I'm sure I left out some folks here, I'm in severe sleep debt so please don't take it as a slight, you were enjoyed.
        That goes double for me. Two late nights were starting to catch up with me and I was fading fast towards the end of the day so I didn't manage to do the rounds before everyone cleared out.

And absolutely no need at all to thank me for anything dude, without you playing chauffeur, I would not have been able to make it to the meet again this year. And you didn't even want gas money!

Huge Ups as well for stopping at that awesome flea market and introducing me to Ted's Hot Dogs. Perhaps we will eventually be able to meet the Shadow elsewhere if he has relocated.

Given how great an experience this was, I would definitely be on board for any other road trip you want to do.
        Last edited by samurainoir; Jun 13, '11, 1:50 PM.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by johnmiic

John, was that the Cyberman head that was floating around the suite? If so, I gotta tell you how old school cool that is.

and thanks for the Garage Kit book. You totally rawk \m/
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

You stole things from guys named John? Then I'm glad I didn't go. I might be missing a pair of underwear.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by johnmiic

Hey I'd be the first to blame it on strong drink but sadly that's just how I am.
              I'm sorry I forgot about those catalogs, I really wanted them too, I probably forgot more than I remembered.

You stole things from guys named John? Then I'm glad I didn't go. I might be missing a pair of underwear.
              You see? I forgot to say how cool it was to meet John. I should have written this on Thursday after a few nights of decent sleep.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jun 1, 2011

. . .

Special Thanks to: Scott Miller (Megoapesnut) for the amazing cards and tremendous generosity, Ed (Sam Noir) for keeping me awake on the road, The folks at TheBigToyAuction - The #1 Live-Auction Website for Action Figures, Modern Toys and Collectibles! and of course, Alan and the wonderful staff at the Kruger Street Toy Museum.
                It's no problem at all. We were glad to do it and we look forward to the opportunity again next year. Now that we have a better idea of what to expect, with a little luck we should be able to enhance some aspects so everyone has an even better experience!

Thanks again to all for letting us be a part of this!
                Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎