X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Mego Meet Mego Racing

Hello everyone, This year on Saturday night there was mego racing. Hulk had three marykate and ashley beach cars similar to Barbie convertables and everybody got to put their mego driver behind the wheel and drag race down a sloped sidewalk at the super8. The track had white lines and a checkered flag area. The megos would bump and run, trade paint, and blow each others doors off. My Wife and Son loved this event just as much as I did. At the end Paul let Chase and I race it out for the front seat, My SuperJoe custom beat his Captain America. The final race for the Championship was Racer N vs Jonah Hex and Hex went down. It was very cool, my son and I are making racing mego customs just for this event next year. Thanks HULK for bringing these cool little cars it was awesome.
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

I really was a bit disappointed to have to miss the racing this year. It was a real highlight last year, and even my lovely spouse had participated in 2010 after only sticking her head in the door at the museum that afternoon.

It also was a really fun way to actually PLAY with the customs we build during the meet, and another great all ages event that the kids and families no doubt would get a kick out of.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Hulk
      Mayor of Megoville
      • May 10, 2003

Thanks Trappy. I like to think of myself as a facilitator of the event, and Rose Baltazar as the Muse and brains of the operation. We came up with the idea in 2009, and through her persistence, I supplied the vehicles. Like the Mego Suite itself, it has taken on it's own life as part of the Meet. We're looking forward to more improvements next year. Hopefully we can make the track even better. We will possibly even be racing three cars at a time (to eliminate seemingly endless rounds), and even start signup during the Meet itself. We might even get a table just for that purpose, and other ideas like a kids bracket and others are being tossed around. We also need a better vehicle return system versus the cheap child labor we employed the last couple of years.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I am truly sorry I missed it as well. Cause Brick would have won....
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

Oh man. Wantta RC this bad Boy up!!! HAHA!!!
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎