Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Meet Newcomers-How did you like it???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Mego Meet Newcomers-How did you like it???

I would like to hear from all the new attendees in this thread. Please post your thoughts on this being your first Mego Meet. Also what advice could you give the others out there who would like to attend?
  • galaxyexplorer42
    Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
    • Mar 3, 2010

This was my first time. I was hoping to find a Neptunian and General Urko in good shape. Check! I wanted to start learning to do some REAL customizing.... Check! Watching people paint heads and watching & listening to Austin's presentation was fascinating. On top of that, I met lots of very nice people that made me want to come back again. It was a great time and a great way to spend the weekend. I'll definitely be back next year.
    Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Sep 24, '11, 4:09 PM.
    Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

This was my second year.

I hear that it expanded into the back room for the first time this year (tho I may be mistaken. If so I completely missed that back room last year!)

Enjoyed it every bit as much as last year, and then some!
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
        I hear that it expanded into the back room for the first time this year (tho I may be mistaken. If so I completely missed that back room last year!)
        I was told the expanded dealers room in the back was new this year so you didn't miss it last year.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

Had a blast... Got some great deals... Wish I could have found more of the mego WGSH playsets... Will be back!!!

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by johnmiic
            I was told the expanded dealers room in the back was new this year so you didn't miss it last year.
            Glad to hear it. But even more glad that the show is growing, and needs the extra space!
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• MLoudin
              Possessed by Megos
              • Sep 13, 2007

First timer here, LOVED every minute of it!!!! We had a blast, getting to talk to many of you and to see all the MEGO love is so refreshing! I really liked the kitbash contest and seeing so many kids working on figures!!!

Comment

• jet jungle
                • May 6, 2011

Bob, Dave and myself had an amazing time. Everyone was great to talk to and we all scored some sweet figures. It was well worth the drive down from Boston.

Comment

• bondtoddbond
                  Mego Museum Super Spy
                  • Aug 14, 2009

First trip there from York, PA. Got some cool items, wish I had more cash to spend but who doesn't? Great Meet, hope to go again!
                  sigpic "It's like you're unravelling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..."

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I had way more fun than I could have possibly imagined! I had a great time! I thought the con itself was going to be the bulk of it, but I quickly learned about the mego suite, the mego races (in which my racer The Karate Kid was completely humiliated.) the dinner at Undo's, and the comraderre of everyone there. I'm already thinking about next year!
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

It was cool to meet you. I really like your work. I know there was a ton of crap spewing around about the first few RA figures, and you guys weathered the storm quite nicely. I like how things have progressed especially with wave four and look forward to seeing what's next. I hope you really did have a great time and you'll return. Maybe next year you can have a tutorial table about sculpting? That would seriously go over HUGE.

Scott
                      I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jun 1, 2011

For our first time here, my wife and I weren't sure what to expect. We've worked with the International GI Joe Collector's Convention and the Botcon convention before, which are much larger con's so we weren't really sure what to expect.

When we got there, it turned out to be a really fun time. I didn't grow up with Mego, and never really collected much of them at all until the Micronauts line came back a few years ago. But I am a sucker for all kinds of customs, so I loved getting to see so many and up close too!

Overall, it was much more intimate than those other shows which is a nice change of pace. It seemed a little friendlier, too. Probably because so many of you already know each other from here.

Definitely looking forward to coming back next year!
                        Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

I have zero childhood connection to Mego. I was a teenager before I got my first 8" figure. I had the Dukes of Hazzard and the General Lee when I was very little, but was so young that I have no memories of playing with them, only that I had them.

My childhood toy company was Kenner, but nobody is doing a Kenner Kon yet....

Any who, I like Mego because of the scale, the ease of customization, and the official WGSH. I am first and foremost a superhero collector.

Plus the meet is local, and the people are the nicest bunch you'd ever want to meet.

Comment

• TheBigToyAuction.com
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Jun 1, 2011

Alright, then.

Let's get started working on Kenner Kon, then! Cincinnatti's only a few hours
                            from Wheeling, right?

I think it's only about 8 hours from here - I'm sure we can get this organized by next weekend! Kenner Kon here we come!

Originally posted by Mister Blisterfists
                            I have zero childhood connection to Mego. I was a teenager before I got my first 8" figure. I had the Dukes of Hazzard and the General Lee when I was very little, but was so young that I have no memories of playing with them, only that I had them.

My childhood toy company was Kenner, but nobody is doing a Kenner Kon yet....

Any who, I like Mego because of the scale, the ease of customization, and the official WGSH. I am first and foremost a superhero collector.

Plus the meet is local, and the people are the nicest bunch you'd ever want to meet.
                            Join us Live at our next live-Auction event! and bid on all your favorite toys! Real Auctions. Real Auctioneers. Real Great deals on the Toys You Want!

Comment

• B-Lister
                              Eccentric Weirdo
                              • Mar 19, 2010

Heh, it would be fun, but I am not the kind of guy to be able to pull off an event like that.

I imagine one could get the SW fans on board with it easily enough.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎