X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkey tennis
    "Kiss my face."
    • Jun 8, 2007

What Movie Gave You NIGHTMARES

What movie (if any) really gave you nightmares, you know kept you awake in bed (in a bad way)

The ones that got me were:
    Quatermass & the Pit (1967)...Scary Alien Locusts
    Dead of Night (1945)...Murderous Ventriloquist Dummy
    The Curse of the Werewolf (1961)...Hairy Oliver Reed
    "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"
  • Zemo
    Still Smokin'
    • Feb 14, 2006

The Shinning and I was like 15.

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

Man when I was a kid..any zombie movie and the 1st time I saw the exorcist
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kinostadt
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 14, 2004

Definitely the Exorcist.
        And, when I was maybe 5 or 6, I saw The Towering Inferno and Tommy. Both freaked me out. Neither are horror of course, but they still were too much for me to process at that age.

Later, when I was in maybe 5th grade, I saw American Werewolf in London. The transformation scene blew my mind.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
          Pat Troughton in disguise
          • Nov 21, 2007

Mine were :
          Original Romero's Dawn of the Dead....still find it hard to watch at night especially if I need to go downstairs afterwards...man those zombies freak me out.
          Not many horror movies scare me ...and i've seen many many many horrors...some of the new remakes scare me but only of the ineptitude of the film makers making them.
          Threads (BBC documentry about nuclear war ...made in the 80's ) was genuinly scary but for different reasons....Ghostwatch also was pretty nightmare inducing if only for the fleeting images of the "ghost"...apart from that all my nightmares are of my own twistedness...and some of them are real doozies people i can tell ya.
          ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• txteach
            Banned
            • Jun 17, 2005

When I was a kid, "Don't be afraid of the Dark" scared the scrappy doo out of me. I always thought those little demon guys were coming for me. Now, movies don't scare me.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Actually there's 2 more that really scared the crap out of me
              Demons? the one where the chick is watching TV and it comes out and every body in the building turns into one including a scary little kid

Found it-Demons 2
              Demons 2 - Trailer - Showtimes - Cast - Movies - New York Times

Ghost stories?? can't remember much but it was a group of guys who were all in love with this girl and one hits her and they think they killed her,so they stick her in a car and throw her in the water,but as the car is going down she wakes up and starts screaming but it was too late for them to help her
              found it too-Ghost Story
              Ghost Story (1981)
              Do these ring a bell to anyone else?
              Last edited by toys2cool; Nov 24, '07, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                Pat Troughton in disguise
                • Nov 21, 2007

Yeah I have Demons 1 and 2 (demons 1 was set in a cinema, and 2 as you state was the tvs in a high rise/tower. Not bad movies...much preferred the 1st. Ghost story was one of Fred Astaires last movies and was overlong I thought but the make up on the dead girl was first rate.
                Whereas it doesn't give me nightmares Dario Argento's Phenomena from 86 with Jennifer Connelly and she could control insects. There was a scene with maggots which along with the book Family Portrait (by Graham Masterton), has made me squemish about maggots forever.
                ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
                  Yeah I have Demons 1 and 2 (demons 1 was set in a cinema, and 2 as you state was the tvs in a high rise/tower. Not bad movies...much preferred the 1st. Ghost story was one of Fred Astaires last movies and was overlong I thought but the make up on the dead girl was first rate.
                  Whereas it doesn't give me nightmares Dario Argento's Phenomena from 86 with Jennifer Connelly and she could control insects. There was a scene with maggots which along with the book Family Portrait (by Graham Masterton), has made me squemish about maggots forever.
                  LOL! yeah same thing happened to me when I saw Poltergeist 1 and the guy starts to eat the piece of chicken with the maggots for a long time I couldn't touch a cold chicken drumstick from the fridge

Comment

• Meule
                    Verbose Member
                    • Nov 14, 2004

I wouldn't call it a nightmare, but there's one particular scene from Roman Polanski's The Fearless Vampire Killers I never forgot years after I saw it as a kid. There's nothing frightening about that scene (or the movie), but for some reason that scene stuck with me
                    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

When I was a tot, that one with the bone sucking monsters. Not sure of the name. The sound they made sounded to me like traffic on a highway far off, like we had in Illinois.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ramsey37
                        • Jun 18, 2001

I remember that one...

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        When I was a tot, that one with the bone sucking monsters. Not sure of the name. The sound they made sounded to me like traffic on a highway far off, like we had in Illinois.
                        Would that be "Island of Terror" with Peter Cushing?
                        George

Comment

• raider5gt
                          Museum Tree Cutter
                          • Nov 25, 2007

Mine was Trog an old Hammer Horror film and Gargoyles,they are still creepy lol

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

The only one to really freak me out when I was younger was Aliens. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would dream about one of them popping out of your chest.

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

Horror Hotel and Salem's Lot stand out for me from my childhood.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎