X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Mego Meet now met

Just got in from the Meet, and while it was a last second call to go, Me and the family are glad we did.

First off, it's a very family friendly environment. The Toy & Train museum needs a better website because the place is much spacier than it appears online.

A lot of parts, repro and original, floating around. I was able to finish a few things. Thanks to BlueMeanie/Berto for digging through his cartons for a green T2 and to TrueDave, who dissected an EMCE Gorn at some point which allowed me a loose head for a custom project.

If you're on/off about customizing, be prepared. I could have run through a hundred bucks in parts and suits, easily, but since I wasn't sure if I was going, I didn't itemize a list and had to go by memory. Not easy to do when you're literally staring a bags and boxes of parts.

Really nice to see Brian and Austin's suit-work near each other. Both are great and the difference in styles really gives you a choice as to what kind of look you're going for or what era the character is from.

Doc's new Muscle figure is killer. I would have bought a few on the spot if they were available. It's a great mash of Hulk and Brock.

Special shoutout to AAAA for giving my girl a free toy. She wanted me to tell you thanks as she played with the Guardian figure all through dinner and the ride home.

I wish I had a chance to hang and BS with everyone, but it's been a crazy week. Thanks for the goodtime.

Hedrap (Martin)
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Souds like a real great time. I keep meaning to go. The time just comes and goes so darn fast.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

I wish I could have stayed later. The day went by in a flash, and when the gave the 30-minute warning for kitbashes, it still felt like I had just got there. It was great to see everyone again. Hopefully next year we'll be able to spend at least one night.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎