Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Mego Spock Body Mold and Head Type Numbers Match?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • initiateofgol
    • Nov 24, 2007

Do Mego Spock Body Mold and Head Type Numbers Match?

Hello everyone. This is my first post in the Mego forum. I am interested in acquiring a 1974 Mego Spock action figure with a Type 2 head. I prefer the the skin coloring on that head type, and the absence of pink lips. I am curious to learn whether it being a Type 2 body mold will automatically mean that the Spock figure will have the Type 2 head?

Any other thoughts on the Spock figure type that I am after would be immensely appreciated, whatever they might be. I am interested generally.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by initiateofgol; Nov 24, '07, 1:54 PM.
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Welcome to the museum!

Now I am sure others will chime in but my conjecture is that the lip painted ones will not be found on T2's because they discontinued lip painting quickly(A McCoy I have is T1 light color with no lip color).

I would believe they continued the lighter head color long enough for them to be used on the very first T2's as they were phasing them in.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• initiateofgol
      • Nov 24, 2007

Thank you, mego73.

That is a very logical conjecture. I'll work on the premis that a T2 means no painted lips, but could be either light or dark skin tone.

This is a fantastic museum and I have already learned a massive amount from reading here (and looking at the photos of course).

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎