• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

What AJ's are on t2 bodies?

Like the title says, which ones did?
    I've heard some of them did, would it make a difference if I slapped some AJ heads and outfits on t2 bodies or should I have to use specific outfits to make the t2 AJ 'official'?
    I the Monster Hero
  • ramsey37
    • Jun 18, 2001

AJ outfits were designed for T1 bodies. They tend to be rather snug on T2 bodies. I think AJ predated the T2 body by a couple of years.
    George

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I have a pair of the UK AJs on Type 2 bodies. They are easy to spot because the heads are much darker, like a Trek head. I have only seen dark hair on T2s. If you've got a pale head, especially red or blonde, my guess is it's a T1.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Wow, I had no idea AJ's came on T2 bodies. I honestly thought they only came on T1's.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Me either. Heck,I just found out this summer there were three different Type 1 bodies.

Comment

• Megosean
            Old School Megoer
            • Jun 2, 2007

Type 2

In the U.S., Action Jackson was only distributed on a Type 1 body. The Johnnie Jackson line in the UK also was released on Type 1 bodies. Because Action Jackson was discontinued prior to transition to the Type 2 bodies for Mego figures, I would be pretty shocked to see a boxed AJ Type 2 figure. Then again, we are talking Mego, so it is possible.

To answer your question, to be "legit", your AJs should be on Type 1 bodies.

Sean
            Last edited by Megosean; Nov 22, '07, 12:23 PM.
            I have way, way, way too many toys.
            http://www.toysyouhad.com

Comment

• ABMAC
              User
              • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by Megosean
              In the U.S., Action Jackson was only distributed on a Type 1 body. The Johnnie Jackson line in the UK also was released on Type 1 bodies. Because Action Jackson was discontinued prior to transition to the Type 2 bodies for Mego figures, I would be pretty shocked to see a boxed AJ Type 2 figure, US or UK release. Then again, we are talking Mego, so it is possible.

To answer your question, to be "legit", your AJs should be on Type 1 bodies.
              This is completely incorrect.

AJ was released on T2 bodies. I have two boxed ones; one is wearing an Aussie Marine outfit and the other is wearing a karate outfit. He may have been released in other outfits. Neither of mine included accessories.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I'm pretty sure the type 2 AJ I have has a box variation as well, the tatoos not being mentioned or something. These definitely were released in the US, much of the Type One boxed AJ's sold today come from two big warehouse finds in Canada.

The only ones I have ever seen on a type 2 body are the dark haired, beared figures. The head is noticably different.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by ABMAC
                  AJ was released on T2 bodies. I have two boxed ones; one is wearing an Aussie Marine outfit and the other is wearing a karate outfit. He may have been released in other outfits. Neither of mine included accessories.

Were the T2 bodies olny released with outfits or does anyone know if AJ came on a T2 body wearing his blue jumpsuit?
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Looks like he was in Germany, Bill.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ABMAC
                      User
                      • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I'm pretty sure the type 2 AJ I have has a box variation as well, the tatoos not being mentioned or something. These definitely were released in the US, much of the Type One boxed AJ's sold today come from two big warehouse finds in Canada.

The only ones I have ever seen on a type 2 body are the dark haired, beared figures. The head is noticably different.
                      You're correct about the box variation. They have the "MEGO" circle logo in place of the tattoo blurb.

I have a type 2 AJ head without a beard.
                      Last edited by ABMAC; Nov 21, '07, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• MegoNinja
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 7, 2007

thanks for the info guys, I will keep an eye out for AJ t2 then with karate and aussie marine outfits.
                        I the Monster Hero

Comment

• megozilla13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 10, 2002

I once had a t2 bearded aj in the aussie marine outfit in the no tattoo variation box as described. I also had a t1 non bearded in a karate outfit in the same box. I know both were original and not swapped out. Also neither had the AJ sticker on the outfit or any accessories.

mikej
                          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• MegoNinja
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 7, 2007

Originally posted by megozilla13
                            I once had a t2 bearded aj in the aussie marine outfit in the no tattoo variation box as described. I also had a t1 non bearded in a karate outfit in the same box. I know both were original and not swapped out. Also neither had the AJ sticker on the outfit or any accessories.

mikej
                            weird.
                            I think AJ has more variations than any other Mego, I collect AJ and every one of my AJ's has some thing strange about them, for example, my cowboy outfit (in packet) does not come with cowboy boots, and most of the outfits I have never came with an AJ emblem.
                            I the Monster Hero

Comment

• rchatlin
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 24, 2001

Fantastic ad, Brian. Do you know what year it's fro?

Just look at all those vehicles AJ had in Germany.
                              I never imagined those existed.

Is that a guitar and other extra accessories in the bottom left?

r
                              o
                              b

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎