Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What classic 80s arcade games were available for the Sega Genesis?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

What classic 80s arcade games were available for the Sega Genesis?

I'm not talking about the late 80s to early 90s ones like Golden Axe or Altered Beast. I mean the classic early 80s arcade games like Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Galaga, Pole Position, etc.

So far I'm drawing a blank and can only think of Ms Pac-Man.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Odd question. This may only be semi-helpful, but if you can slog through here, you'll know:

Sega Genesis - Games - allgame

Don C.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by ctc
      Hmmmm....

Odd question. This may only be semi-helpful, but if you can slog through here, you'll know:

Sega Genesis - Games - allgame

Don C.
      The link was a big help. Thanks!

So far Ive found the games Frogger and "Arcade Classics" which had Centipede and Missile Command.

[edit]

Okay, I went through the whole list and there is also Pac-mania and Space Invaders 91. Which are updates but still close enough.
      Last edited by Werewolf; May 11, '11, 5:41 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Ms. Pac-Man
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ipbxGDAB30

Arcades' Greatest Hits Midway/Williams: Defender, Defender 2, Joust, Robotron 2084, Sinistar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx6Bby8_H8E

As an aside nearly every classic game that wasn't made by Nintendo has been released for the PS2 (arcade perfect versions too) and those compilations are dirt cheap now.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by VintageMike
          Arcades' Greatest Hits Midway/Williams: Defender, Defender 2, Joust, Robotron 2084, Sinistar
          Cool! Thanks, I missed that one.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

I WISH they would let you play the original Tron game online. And I mean the deluxe version they had in arcades where you battled with the discs.

Comment

• VintageMike
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 16, 2004

That's "Discs of Tron". It used to be available on Xbox live and is also available as a bonus (along with the standard tron game) in Tron 2.0 Killer Apps for the Game Boy Advance.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎