• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris DVM
    Veterinarian Member
    • Jun 18, 2001

2011 MegoMeet Theme - CUSTOMIZERS!!

Hey,
    As I stated in the podcast, over the last 6 MegoMeets we have pretty much covered all aspects of Mego. We have done 8", 12", 3 3/4" mego knock offs, mego new finds, original art, the weird and bizzarre, etc. So this year I thought we would go in the direction close to almost everyone's heart - customizing.
    To that end, I need the following:
    1) Please bring 5 to 10 of your best customs for display. We will have upstairs in the room and a display case in the hall to set up. MAKE SURE you label your customs somehow (bottom of the shoe would be best) so we can get them back to everyone. 8" customs are the norm, but I am really interested also in anyone who has any other scales and playsets are welcome as well.
    2) I need about 6 to 8 people who are heavy customizers for the morning round table. However, we are doing this a bit different than just a panel discussion. I would like the people to set themselves up in the lecture room, around the edges, and work on their customs, particularly areas that they excel in. For example, I would like one person who sculpts, one who works on clothes, a couple of painters, a materials person, etc. My plan would be for people to be able to wander in and out over a 2 to 3 hours period in the morning, asking questions and gleeming hints from the masters, as it were. If interested, please PM me or email me at chrisdvm@earthlink.net so I can get this organized. If you are going to have a table, let me know so that we can arrange someone to monitor it for you while you help out. I will also be getting a 5 to 10 minute mini-lecture video from each person - see below.
    3) I need one person who would be willing to video some of this for me. I would like to get a 5 to 10 minute bit from each person that can be loaded up on YouTube and linked to the MegoMeet page for reference for all those who will not attend and a refresher for those who do.
    Thanks to Johnmiic for this idea. I think it is an area that we need to cover, and I hope it will be interesting for everyone.
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain
  • Bizarro Amy
    Formerly known as Del
    • Dec 12, 2004

I'd love to help with this, especially talking about reroots, but I will be heading down on Saturday morning, so I don't know if I can get there on time.
    Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
    https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
    http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

I think this will create alot of interest for those visiting. This will be my first meet and am excited all around.
      This will make me as talented as all the rest of the members/ customizers here,right?
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• steshell
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 20, 2008

Looking forward to seeing this online

Steve

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢