X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundarr
    Banned
    • Apr 23, 2007

MicroNauts parts, figures, Aliens..

Hello. I am interested in rebuilding a bit of my childhood collection. I posted before about these, but I think the post is lost to the earlier boards.
    I had a bunch of these and I'd really like them again. I had great fun with a vehicle/playset that my pop got at a yard sale for me. It came to me in a brown bag, all in parts, with a couple Time Travelers floating around. I'll try and describe it....

There were several while cylinders that you could snap together and a larger blue 'jet' type vehicle that they snapped onto as well. The figures could go inside the cylinders, and pilot the jet. There were 'arm' type attachments and little accessories that snapped all around.
    I dunno if this is costly, or what its called, but I'd like it.

What I'm after right now would be PARTS lots. I have nothing at the time, so anything is a start! I really love the Aliens, especially the earlier three. I know that Palisades redid these, but I don't think I want those. (I had heard that they were shoddy and flimsy..)

So, yeah....pretty much anything anyone might have as spare parts....figures, Aliens, vehicle bits, weaponry, playset parts, anything really... I have mucho to trade for said parts.

Thanks!

Joe
  • AcroRay
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 17, 2005

Originally posted by Thundarr
    several while cylinders that you could snap together and a larger blue 'jet' type vehicle that they snapped onto as well. The figures could go inside the cylinders, and pilot the jet. There were 'arm' type attachments and little accessories that snapped all around.
    I dunno if this is costly, or what its called, but I'd like it.
    That would be the Mobile Exploration Lab, or MEL. Its very common, both on eBay and in parts lots. Probably one of the most popular of the Micronaut/Microman toys.

What I'm after right now would be PARTS lots. I have nothing at the time, so anything is a start! I really love the Aliens, especially the earlier three. I know that Palisades redid these, but I don't think I want those. (I had heard that they were shoddy and flimsy..)
    Piles of parts are easy to come by on eBay, and probably your best bet to rebuild a collection. Buy a couple of huge lots and start from there. The toys are of course modular which makes them easy to assemble and have parts to trade. Most were also held together with screws rather than glue or sonic welding, so parts that were normally not interchangeable can still be easily repaired or rebuilt. Some whole vehicles are common and dirt-cheap, like Hydra, Photon Sled and the small basic vehicles. Micropolis Interplanetary HQ is also very common and a good start for Micropolis. Rocket Tubes is also painfully common, but a nightmare in shipping charges...

Palisades' repros of the aliens which were close to their original colors are very reliable, with quality comparable to - or even better - than Mego's. I think you'll be quite happy with the red Membros, green Repto and black Centarus. Actually, there are two black Centarus variants, one of which is the vintage color scheme and the other has a color combo matched to Terraphant, so they can be 'infantry' to Terraphant. In the case of Palisade's repros - a good rule of thumb is to just keep away from the transparent variations unless you're just getting them to use their opaque-plastic accessories. The only positive exception to that rule seems to be the clear transparent Repto, which seems to have pretty solid transparent plastic.

I'd also recommend the Palisades opaque-colored Pharoids (blue/black, white/green), Galactic Defenders (green, black), Emperor variants (classic, grey) and Red Falcon variants (classic, green - although Red Falcon's transparent chest will almost invariable be blemish-cracked at the joining posts). Their opaque Membros variants (red, black) and Acroyear variants (Gold, grey/silver, grey/purple, 1/5 Hero Acroyear) are also good bets.

....pretty much anything anyone might have as spare parts....figures, Aliens, vehicle bits, weaponry, playset parts, anything really... I have mucho to trade for said parts.
    I"d suggest building a base collection of parts lots via eBay, and going from there with a more concise want list. Use Innerspace Online and the Micropolis Embassy as information resources and trade resources. Cenerally most Micronaut collectors won't hand out bags of parts, but the are organized and willing to trade parts or 'donate' single parts if you can identify exactly what you need. It'll take time, but it'll be fun!
    Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
    AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
    The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
    Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Thundarr
      Banned
      • Apr 23, 2007

Thanks a bunch for all the help man. The comic shop near me has TONS of the Palisades figures collecting dust...
      As far as "handing out bags", I'm certainly not asking for a hand-out, no way, I'm after TRADES.

I'll be sure to check those places out, thanks again!

Joe

Comment

• geotroid
        Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
        • Mar 23, 2006

Although my spare parts collection has gotten smaller, I still have lots left, including massive amounts of MEL parts & one or two complete MEL's.

Just let me know what you need. You can send me a complete list via PM or just post it here.

Do you yourself have any Micro parts to trade? I have a modest want list of my own.

-geotroid
        Chris Farley: "Mother of Mercy, I don't speak Japanese!!!"

Comment

• Thundarr
          Banned
          • Apr 23, 2007

Sounds groovy man...lets here more about those MELs....

You have a PM

Joe

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎