• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoNinja
    Career Member
    • Feb 7, 2007

Need Help ID'ing this Horror Movie

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a horror movie, it was made in the 80's I believe, the only info I have is my blurry memories so I'll try to explain what I remember.

A group of mental patients escape a mental home and decide to go on a killing spree, specifically they target a family who board themselves up in a big old house. One of the memorable scenes include the mental patients stealing a car and chasing a mail man down the street until they eventually run him over in a really cheesy manner.

They only other memories I have of this film is an African-american psychiatrist being killed with arrow's, some teenagers having sex and being stabbed to death AND one of the mental people was a really tall big fat wrestler looking guy.

Can any one help, or am I just making up false memories in order to cover up some childhood problems I might have had?
    I the Monster Hero
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoNinja
    some teenagers having sex and being stabbed to death
    LOL! ok what 80's horror movie didn't have this in it?

Doesn't ring a bell bro
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MegoNinja
      Career Member
      • Feb 7, 2007

lol, I so knew someone was going to say "what the hell? Every movie has teenage kids having sex and being killed!",I think the mental people running over a mail man was pretty specific, I have tried google'ing and IMDB'ing it to the max and can't find any thing. I think DVD killed some of the best movies, all the good horrors are only on VHS.
      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• lepage
        The Ape General
        • Aug 12, 2001

the movie your talking about is called "Alone in the dark" and it had a deccent cast. Jack palance being one of them.
        I love that film!

Comment

• lepage
          The Ape General
          • Aug 12, 2001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alone_in_the_Dark_281982_film%29

Comment

• MegoNinja
            Career Member
            • Feb 7, 2007

let me take this time to say THANKYOU, I am so grateful!
            I would hug you and shake your hand, but you know, we are thousands of miles away. That is the movie alright, bring's back a lot of childhood memories that one! I can't wait to get my hands on it, I remember that name and movie cover perfectly! thanks so much!
            I the Monster Hero

Comment

• unataper
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 8, 2007

Originally posted by lepage
              the movie your talking about is called "Alone in the dark" and it had a deccent cast. Jack palance being one of them.
              I love that film!
              Great movie! I had totally forgot about it, I'll have to hit Blockbuster up this weekend and relive the past once more!

Thanks for the reminder!!
              Cecil
              For the rules of the road have been lodged, it's peoples games you have to dodge- Bob Dylan

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎