Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't count me out for Mego Meet 2011 yet!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fire Marshal Bill
    Career Member
    • Jul 25, 2010

Don't count me out for Mego Meet 2011 yet!

I might be able to make it afterall. After thinking on it for a while and checking into various options, i may have come up with a plan.

My vehicle only gets 15 mpg.... the price of fuel would kill my budget.

I don't do airplanes . I would be an emotional wreck all weekend if i flew, so that's out.

Enter my crazy idea...... taking the bus ! Bus fares are pretty cheap if you buy in advance. Only like $175 round trip from Dallas.

So here's a question for ya'll. Who has traveled long distance by bus? Am i just asking for a beating? It looks like it takes a little over a day to get there. That's a lot of reading and watching movies .

Another thing. Who all is driving in from other states? I was thinking maybe i could take a bus part way and meet up with someone to finish the drive. That would get me off the bus quicker and we could split the gas for the drive to Wheeling. Plus, i wouldn't need to rent a vehicle at some point to get around throughout the weekend.
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

James (garagesale) did it two years ago. From OK I believe. He seemed pretty solid on it. Car pooling is the best route. Mapquest says your 18 hours away which means you could probably be 16 by car. 4 people 4 hours driving each would make the trip fairly easy and affordable. You wouldn't need a vehicle in Wheeling if you took the bus. Krugar is a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Plus there will be plenty of people there with cars. I had to rent one to get from the airport to the hotel because Pittsburgh is so far. I probably won't use it for much more than that. I spent more mileage looking for coffee last year than traveling between things for the Meet. I'm still looking for the decent coffee.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
      Career Member
      • Jul 25, 2010

I'd be all for car pooling if i could find some folks from my area..... or at least the surrounding states like LA, OK, ARK.... that were going. I guess i could put up a "hitch hiking" thread .

Vintage Toy Rescue
      1614-B N State Hwy 161
      Grand Prairie, TX 75050
      (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡