X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Wilma & Huer Uniform References-Picture Intensive

We all know Wilma wore a pilot uniform. We also know she had an assortment of shiny spandex outfits; very tight fitting spandex outfits! We won't dwell on those. There was this other uniform she sometimes wore which seemed to be a bit more casual. Lets have a look.

This uniform is a two-piece and seems to be the woman's version of the male jumpsuit. Here is a comparison with Buck. Her casual duty uniform seems to match feature for feature: pockets w/snaps on the upper arms, optional rainbow armband w/Earth Shield logo on upper right arm, zippers at the top of the chest-Wilma's travel over her shoulders while Buck's go diagonally under his arms, zippers on the forearms and left and right below the waistline. She has a belt with the EFDD logo too. The zippers seem to be there for detail. How much can you really suff into those spots if there are pockets? Maybe an ID card or 2 but I think that's it! Also note in the next photo below how Wilma's hair goes from blonde to brunette in this episode.

Here's a very good shot of it in season 1; A Dream of Jennifer. Oh that African-American actor? I'm pretty sure this is the guy from John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness who gets possessed and stabs himself in the neck.

Here is the Season 2 version. This is not the stewardess/mini-skirt that Wilma often wears. It's a modified version of the Season 1 uniform. Now it has blue piping & striping on the top. See the comparison pic.

Here's a great shot. Hey, lets all wear white to the party! Actually I think Huer's outfit here is more a pale grey. The copy protection really messes with my screen caps. Note Buck's belt-buckle is the unique version usually worn with the brown jumpsuit.

And here's a few shots from Space Vampire in her best civilian outfit. All dressed up and ravenous for fresh souls! I think this is really the only episode where Wilma plays Damsel in Distress. 1 episode out of two seasons for a female Col.-not too bad.

Here are some shots of Dr. Huer. Dr. Huer was always in stuffy uniforms: white, off white, blue-gray and red. The blue-gray and red look a like the same pattern and resemble a Star Trek movie uniform. I remember Tim O'Connor saying in a Starlog Interview when he was working on this show he was having the time of his life! Season 1 was a great time for the Buck Rogers cast. Everyone's part was integral and they had real chemistry. Unfortunately the show was cancelled before Flight of the War Witch, the last season 1 ep., was even filmed. The network kept it quiet. Then when most people from the show had left, mainly the writers and producers, they reversed their descision and hired new people to produce Season 2; people who didn't know or care about the the show. Then it was cancelled for good.

Last edited by johnmiic; Apr 22, '11, 6:05 PM.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

mmmm, Wilma.

Comment

• megocrazy
      Museum Trouble Maker
      • Feb 18, 2007

She was so freakin hot. I've heard a number of people that have met her say she's incredibly nice as well. A rare combination in Hollywood.
      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• deputypowell
        bloodthirsty member
        • Nov 2, 2009

Originally posted by megocrazy
        She was so freakin hot. I've heard a number of people that have met her say she's incredibly nice as well. A rare combination in Hollywood.
        I saw here in person a few years ago and yes she was very nice. I am sure she will be pleased when a new figure of herself pops up at conventions as it shows that fans still care enough to make and purchase her figures.
        Wanted: Slime Sticker PLEASE!

Comment

• Mego Magyar
          Permanent Member
          • Jan 17, 2011

I remember hearing that some of the Wilma outfits were so tight that she saw actually sewn into them.

Comment

• Rat King
            Banned
            • Apr 1, 2011

Originally posted by magyar1964
            I remember hearing that some of the Wilma outfits were so tight that she saw actually sewn into them.
            I think most of them were!

Comment

• Cmonster
              Banned
              • Feb 6, 2010

Yum.

SC

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Erin is wonderful and classy. Both Gil and her made an appearance to Arizona two years ago and she was so nice to my best friend. As you know in most places celebrities are supposed to charge for every autograph in addition to pictures taken at the picture booth (while comic book writers and artists tend to do that for free). Anyway my friend has long had a crush on her since he was a kid and asked if he could get a picture with her with his camera. Rather than the $25 going rate, she kindly asked him to donate $5 to her whatever-it-was charity/benefit bowl and that was so nice of her. Hell, if I wasn't so shy and if the other celebs would advertise doing this I would have got pictures taken with them both plus with Data, Wes Crusher & Deanna Troi...among others! $25 a pic is too much IMHO.

Comment

• ROBE
                  • Oct 21, 2008

Do you have any Huer photos in his navy blue dress uniform, it looked the best.

Comment

• johnmiic
                    Adrift
                    • Sep 6, 2002

You mean the Black Dress Uniform he wore in the movie, Wedded Bliss and Flight of the War Witch? With the high collar and gold stripes on the shoulder pads? Or the Blue-Gray I have 1 pic of up there? I don't recall the uniforms being navy blue. I think they were black. I can get more shots.

Comment

• ROBE
                      • Oct 21, 2008

The "black" dress uniform with sash and medals. I presumed it was dark blue and looked black on film.

Comment

• MEGO_SUPERMAN
                        Say No To Kryptonite!
                        • May 9, 2011

Erin was hotness epitomized! She still looks good! SMOKIN!
                        Truth, Justice and Megos THAT is the American Way!

The Human Torch was denied a bank loan! - Ron Burgundy KVWN Channel 4 News Team

A picture is worth a thousand words. A Chuck Norris is worth 1 billion words. - Chuck Norris

You know what? I can already tell that I don't like you. And I'm probably not gonna like you no matter how many pull-ups or push-ups you do. All right, anybody who wants to pick on anybody in class, aim for him, 'cause I'm not watchin'. -Kenny Powers

Comment

• toiletmonkey
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Apr 28, 2010

oh yeah man, she is still waaaay hot! i think she is just fantastic!

TM
                          Think of what you want to be...Then call on me.
                          -Action Jackson

Comment

• jemboy2004
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 14, 2005

Zica should do a Wilma with rooted hair figure to go with the line.

Comment

• ApeAddict
                              Long time stalker
                              • Nov 6, 2010

Originally posted by jacoblb
                              Erin is wonderful and classy. Both Gil and her made an appearance to Arizona two years ago and she was so nice to my best friend. As you know in most places celebrities are supposed to charge for every autograph in addition to pictures taken at the picture booth (while comic book writers and artists tend to do that for free). Anyway my friend has long had a crush on her since he was a kid and asked if he could get a picture with her with his camera. Rather than the $25 going rate, she kindly asked him to donate $5 to her whatever-it-was charity/benefit bowl and that was so nice of her. Hell, if I wasn't so shy and if the other celebs would advertise doing this I would have got pictures taken with them both plus with Data, Wes Crusher & Deanna Troi...among others! $25 a pic is too much IMHO.
                              I had the opportunity to meet and speak with her (and Gil) at Phoenix Comicon that year, and she was awesome! When I thanked here for helping me through puberty with that tight blue outfit, the entire crowd laughed.... and nodded in agreement

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎