• TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Whats a MEGO Swap Like?

Wanted to be prepared . . .. . .
  • megocrazy
    Museum Trouble Maker
    • Feb 18, 2007

It's horrible. The big Mego bullies take all your figures and hold them too high for you to reach. Then they give you wet willies and wedgies.

It's a bunch of people who are seriously deranged, in a toy kinda way, hanging out for a couple of days. It's a chance to meet people you talk with on a regular basis face to face and simply shoot the crap and talk about a common interest. It's a chance to see or buy some stuff you may never have the chance to in person.

It is what you want it to be. I've heard some say they wish they had been more interactive than they were their first time. Not everyone is as easy communicating in person as they are through a keyboard. Some said they shyed away from the Mego Suite because they felt they needed to be invited. Not the case at all. The Suite opens about a half hour after we get back from the dinner at Hoss's on Thursday and reopens after the Meet ends each day. It pretty much doesn't close. Some of us see the sun rise each morning.

There's no invitation needed. There's no need to feel out of place, just show up and mingle. Everyone and anyone is invited. Except local Wendy's workers. We have to have limitations. (Some of you know what I mean, others will need to create your own MegoMeet memories on your own.) You will probably not find a group of people that share a more common interest in any setting. It is only 3 days at the most, if you show on Thursday. It flies by quickly. Just show up and jump in. The water may be cold but it always gets warmer quickly. I'm pretty sure no one has been completely shunned at the meet. We save that for later.

P.S. There is very little sleep. The concept of "good coffee" is not in the Wheeling WV dictionary. Trust me I've looked for it. Come prepared. Just a warning. See you there.
    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

do a lot of stretching.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
        do a lot of stretching.
        And bring a lot of green...cause you will buy something from my table:

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

That toad is wicked, trust me.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

The toad has taken my money often.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

aw yeah toad.

Comment

• Johnny
                Salty
                • Oct 1, 2003

Comment

• TrueDave
                  Toy Maker
                  • Jan 12, 2008

"It's horrible. The big Mego bullies take all your figures and hold them too high for you to reach. Then they give you wet willies and wedgies."

I havent had a Swirlie in a while. BUT
                  If you guys are in good enough shape to pick ME up , and enough of us can fit into a batroom stall I'll flush the toilet myself once my heads in!

If I ditch my Lady to go talk about dolls all night, leaving her alone to amuse herself with cooking magazines and sleep in . . . she'll think it's Christmas.
                  Last edited by TrueDave; Apr 24, '11, 9:17 AM.

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

Oh, seriously : MEGO SWAP I took as being in the Suite or something
                    I thought: Should I pack a bag of original odds and ends to trade ? You know like we do on the boards? " I need a Superman boot , trade me John Boys hat"

?

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by TrueDave
                      Oh, seriously : MEGO SWAP I took as being in the Suite or something
                      I thought: Should I pack a bag of original odds and ends to trade ? You know like we do on the boards? " I need a Superman boot , trade me John Boys hat"

?
                      This usually happens on Friday afternoon/night during set up. Some early selling goes on as well.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎