X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Anybody get a 3DS? My thoughts.

I've been playing with it for about a week now and have tried out Ridge Racer, Street fighter and some of the built in mini games.

The 3D really does work and when it does work it is very cool. But you have to hold it at just the right angle and keep it perfectly still or it will blur. It also seems to work best with slower moving or even still objects like menus. My eyes have had lots of trouble focusing on the fast moving cars and scenery in Ridge Racer.

It also takes 3D pictures. But the photo quality is very low rez. I'm talking cheap cell phone low rez. The 3D effect works best with close up pics under bright light with objects holding absolutely still. The pics, at best, remind me of the 3D stills from old view master reels but not as sharp. It's a neat bonus feature to mess around with but certainly not a selling point of the system.

The 3D is cool for a bit but it's probably nothing you'd want to use for more than a few minutes at a time. Especialy if you are prone to headaches like me. It's a nice gimmick but after messing around with it for a while I turned it off and left it off.

Graphically it absolutely smokes the DS. No way Street Fighter would have looked that good on the DS or even have been possible. That being said none of the games, so far, look better than or maybe even as good as anything the PSP could do. But to be fair these are launch titles and most of them are not that great. I am sure the games will start to look even better. The upcoming Resident Evil games look amazing.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I was all set to get one, but then I looked at the available titles and decided to wait. Are there any upcoming games you are excited about?
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
      Are there any upcoming games you are excited about?
      I'm looking foward to the Ocarina of Time remake which finally got a release date of June 19 and Resident Evil Mercenaries on July 7. I was really psyched for Kid Icarus but it still doesn't have a release date. The next few months of game releases for the 3DS are really sparse.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎