X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaddOps
    • Nov 15, 2007

MEGO 3.75 Dukes with The General in Box

3.75 11" General w/Bo and Luke!

Now after everyone has visited the above link. Here comes my question.

As a child I was blessed enough to have not ONE but TWO of The General. Both new from Toys R Us I believe. I remember getting the second "replacement" General at TRU. The wheel broke off the rear of the first General's axle.

Now, about two weeks before I found this forum, a buddy and I were discussing old toys, as he was into Battlestar and Star Wars and it came around to all the action figures and whatnot, and I fondly remembered both of my Generals and was lamenting that I was ****ed when I bought the second General and got Coy and Vance instead of Bo and Luke.

So I find the forum and see no mention of the Coy/Vance/General package. But I did find the above link on E-Bay of the "Original Set".

Now I was talking with both of my parents and was running the "remember the General Lee" story past them, but did not mention the Coy/Vance thing.

Both of my parents confirmed that yes, I was (In dad's words: ****ed, mom's: "just so mad') upset that the second set had come with Coy and Vance.

I'm wondering, did this exist, since two other people remembered remembered it without prompting, and them probably having a better recollection than a 4 year old.

Thanks in advance for the help and detail.
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

hi,
    i know that there are two versions of the 3 3/4 inch duke boys. the first version is on this museum link

3 3/4 Inch Dukes of Hazzard: Television Gallery: Mego Museum

second version is on the link below.

hope that helps!

darren

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

MaddOpps---one things for sure----your parents sure sound like big Dukes fans
      (knowing the difference between Bo/Luke and Coy/Vance, I mean)
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

It's a bit confusing about the Dukes figures. There were two different molds for each of the Duke boys in both the 8" and 3 3/4" size. The 2nd molds in the 8" size were apparently meant to be Coy and Vance, although their cards still read Bo and Luke. The Coy figure looks like the actor to me, but the Vance looks nothing like the actor, and to me, looks more like a rough (possibly rejected) early Tom Wopat/Luke sculpt.

The museum's 3 3/4 section and this link:
        Dukes of Hazzard
        both mention different molds for Bo and Luke, but don't call those particular figures Coy and Vance. Chances are, they were meant to represent those two, or why change them? The first ones looked far superior and appear to be shrunk down versions of the initial 8" head sculpts.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎