X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Michael Crawford Review

Michael Crawford posted his review of the Buck Rogers figures and it has some really nice pics: Michael Crawford Review
  • michael crawford
    Museum Super Collector
    • Dec 15, 2008

You guys beat me to it!

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

I agree with most of MWC's comments, but not all.

I have no scale issues with the outfits at all. I think they look perfect, and couldn't be done any better at this scale. I also have no problem with the size of Buck's shoes. Since he is wearing tights, the shoes will appear slightly larger, just as they do in the show.

I think these are the best 8" figures on the market.

Comment

• jessica
        fortune favors the bold
        • Nov 5, 2007

Michael I always love reading your reviews, and I especially love how you intersperse it with screen shots because as usual, I have no clue about who these people are. The photography is fantastic and I am so glad that you rated the figures very well. For the price, they've got the most bang for your Buck. The figures are very impressive for this scale, and once you get smaller than 1:6 scale, realism is compromised. I can't wait until the Zica bodies are available, and I am so glad that the Buck Rogers figures have been made. It's really a fabulous thing. Congratulations Craig and again, thank you Michael for your wonderful reviews.
        Last edited by jessica; Apr 4, '11, 2:21 PM.
        Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
        Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
        1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
        1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
          I agree with most of MWC's comments, but not all.

I have no scale issues with the outfits at all. I think they look perfect, and couldn't be done any better at this scale. I also have no problem with the size of Buck's shoes. Since he is wearing tights, the shoes will appear slightly larger, just as they do in the show.

I think these are the best 8" figures on the market.
          Totally agree...I felt he was a little harsh some on his assessement...He is so used to Reviewing Hot Toys figures and he doesnt need to really mention them here vs. these 8" figures....Hot Toys command a $150-250 price range and this line is only $30 each,which is a small drop in the bucket compared to Hot Toys....these are the best made,sturdy Mego-like figures out there...and they blow away what Mattel is doing (especially body-wise)

Comment

• kennermike
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 4, 2007

Hellz yeah agreed what Craig has done is an amazing achievement!

Comment

• michael crawford
              Museum Super Collector
              • Dec 15, 2008

Actually, it is important to mention them vs Hot Toys because people are becoming spoiled - even those not buying HT figures - by the quality of those sculpts. It's important to remind people that these are 1/5th the price, and expecting them to be the same is foolish.

Comment

• Anarchy
                Career Member
                • May 26, 2009

I absolutly love these figures, and Michaels review i think is very objective and he has valid points.
                Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by michael crawford
                  Actually, it is important to mention them vs Hot Toys because people are becoming spoiled - even those not buying HT figures - by the quality of those sculpts. It's important to remind people that these are 1/5th the price, and expecting them to be the same is foolish.
                  I agree.
                  sigpic

Comment

• REMOVED
                    • Mar 28, 2024

That's a very detailed and fair review. Nice photos too.

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Excellent review as always, Michael!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                        Invincible Ironing Man
                        • Feb 28, 2008

I always enjoy Michael's reviews. If you want a detailed look at a new figure, his website will provide it. I would enjoy reading more reviews about some of the more affordable figures that are out there these days.
                        I know that Hot Toys is doing outstanding work, but find their prices too much. I have to make rent every month. The new Tracker Predator looks outstanding, but I'll have to pass.
                        That is why I enjoy ZICA figures, the best value for money, and in my price range. Can't wait to buy Hawk!
                        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                          MeGoing
                          • May 14, 2003

I enjoyed that review, thanks, and it's nice to see exactly what they look like without taking mine out of their boxes.

Comment

• lucasd4
                            • Jun 1, 2007

These figures are incredible and worth every penny. They deserve nothing less than 4 stars, so I'm a little disappointed with the 3 star review.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎