X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

PS3 game "The Shoot" sucks.

I would have been SO ticked off if had I not gotten this on discount. For starters, the aiming is a bit off no matter how many times I calibrate it. But that's actually not the real problem.

The problem is the motions you have to do rarely register. The dodging barely works. No matter what you do, nine times out of ten, you are gonna get hit. No way around it. You are better off just trying to shoot the missles and bombs thrown at you.

But what is absolute worst is activating the time stop and rapid fire actions. It just plain does not work. It reminds me of the migraine induced frustrations of flailing the Wii mote in around in and nothing bloody happens. You just ending up swearing and screaming at the TV "Why doesn't this freakin' work!?"

Arrghhh!! What a frustrating game.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

Sorry to hear that. I was quite excited about it when I heard all the pre-release hype, but then when I played the demo I was less than impressed. Even with a gun control holder, which makes it a little better, it still sucks.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
      Even with a gun control holder, which makes it a little better, it still sucks.
      The real annoying thing about this game is the Move controllers do work. Used them in Resident Evil and Killzone no no problem. The Shoot is just a bad game. I forgot to mention. The voice overs in the game get old real fast too. I kept having to turn the volume down. It was so bad.

Have you tried Time Crisis? I'm still in the mood for good House of the Dead style light gun game.
      Last edited by Werewolf; Apr 2, '11, 10:31 AM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

^ No, I thought it looked okay, but I am not really into combat kind of games. Guess I am more like a kid in that regard. If you get it let me know what you think of it.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎