Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castaway toys. Did they ever make their big announcement at mego meet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roman
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 25, 2003

Castaway toys. Did they ever make their big announcement at mego meet?

Just curious. I actually hit an old book mark from their post about big things coming up and that they would announce it at the meet?

What was it?

I tried the web site but got nothing at all. All the links say , "web page can't be found".
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

They were not prepared to announce at that time. MegoMeet 08 is only 7 months away though!

Comment

• David Lee
      The Fix-it-up Chappie
      • Jun 10, 2002

Well... the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry

But since you asked here is the scoop. We, being new to licensing, thought a little naively that things would go much faster than they did. We have now secured two major licenses. We should be starting factory mold production within a week or so, and then actual production soon after, given there are no significant foul ups etc.

We have changed up our game plan a bit in our initial offering, and while I am not at liberty to discuss it, we think that it will be a hit with you guys and MEGO collectors in general.

We hope to have some great products for you guys early in the next year, but at the very least MEGO MEET 08 should be very interesting for all of us

-Dave

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Fantabulous! Good luck, David.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Great News! Can't wait to see what You've got going on Dave...I LOVE that Custom Body You showed us...I hope You can get it mass produced!
          sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
            Great News! Can't wait to see what You've got going on Dave...I LOVE that Custom Body You showed us...I hope You can get it mass produced!
            While there are few certain things in this life, I'd bet my hard earned money this'll happen

-Dave

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by David Lee
              While there are few certain things in this life, I'd bet my hard earned money this'll happen

-Dave
              SWEEEEEET. Looking forward to what else you guys will come up with
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

should be a great time for Mego type figures. Be interesting to see what properties you guys secured.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• megozilla13
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 10, 2002

I'm sorry if this was supposed to be secret, I'm posting it here because its already been anouonced by the licensee and is being discussed in other forums. I cut and pasted the announcement below

To move on to a more pleasant topic, CA Enterprises is pleased to announced that we have partnered up with up and coming Castaway Toys to produce some Captain Action Figures for 2008! For starters we are going to be doing something a little different but fun. We will be Reissuing CA and Dr. Evil as 8 inch classic Mego style figures! We think this is a natural step as the Mego figures were an off shoot of the Captain Action line so to speak and were marketed as well by Stan Weston, who as we all know marketed the CA concept to Ideal, and we know there are a lot of crossover fans between Cap and Mego and what better way to introduce Cap to a whole new world of collectors!

Castaway will be basically shrinking down the heads & accessories to Mego size, so all you customizers out there can start customizing Cap in his new size too! We will also be doing generic customizing kits that will include masks, boots, gloved hands and other items. AND the good news is we have also given Castaway the thumbs up to sell generic customizing kits for 12 inch Cap as well! AND that¢s not all - they will also be doing an exclusive Phantom Uniform Set for the 8 inch Cap with packaging in the old Ideal style. If any of you have seen Charlee Flatt¢s beautiful custom Mego work, the Phantom will be based off of that, and Charlee has done a brand new Phantom head sculpt which looks terrific! David Lee, head of Castaway Toys is a pretty great customizer in his own right and you can see some of his stuff here at the Mego Museum website: http://www.megomuse um.com/custom/ cotmdavidlee. shtml

Lastly guys, not to worry we are still working on getting more 12 inch stuff done as well, but for now, we feel this is a step in the right direction toward that goal. We¢ll get there!

Action Over & Out!

Joe & Ed

CA Enterprises, Inc.
                  WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Very cool!
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by megozilla13
                      Castaway will be basically shrinking down the heads & accessories to Mego size, so all you customizers out there can start customizing Cap in his new size too! We will also be doing generic customizing kits that will include masks, boots, gloved hands and other items.

Will this eventually include Batman and Robin?
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Captain Action sounds pretty cool. Interesting that Flatt is involved, too.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

AWESOME News! And You're right...8" scale is definately the way to go!
                          sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
                            The Fix-it-up Chappie
                            • Jun 10, 2002

Last edited by David Lee; Nov 16, '07, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Randy
                              Veteran Member
                              • Dec 12, 2006

This is FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!!!

As a Mego / CA collector I am stoked!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎