X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

The Best of Colouring Book Theatre

While I have a new batch of colouring books on the way, they're not here yet so let's phone it in and do a clip show citing the highs and lows of reviewing materials for no real good reason.

Grab your crayons and follow me after the jump:

Most Cringeworthy

Hands down, the winner would be this Star Trek colouring book which not only has the Enterprise crew visiting a freaking clown planet but features the creepiest depiction of George Takei this side of fanfic.
    Best Depiction of a TV series

That would go this 1973 Doctor Who Colouring Book featuring the third Doctor, the art is crisp and there is no story to speak of, just random shots of the Doctor kicking alien's butts which this version was wont to.
    Laziest Depiction of a TV series

I'm a big fan of Buck Rogers but whoever threw together this book clearly didn't care too much. One thing in taking a serious look at these things is how the majority of them are in fact, really well done so stuff like Buck sticks out more.

Coolest Book Ever

We've got some great stuff here but my favourite would be the Monster Gallery colouring book with art by Mark Savee, I like it so much I have every page on the site.

Most Terribliest Ever

Country Music Wax Museum is not only the worst idea for a Coloring Book it also looks like an 11 year old drew it under heavy duress.

Should Never Have Been Made For Children

Dune should never have been marketed to children this way, no child wants to color a boil picking scene and they shouldn't be given the choice!

The "Too Soon" Award

I felt crappy that this image from the Diff'rent Strokes Coloring Book started making the twitter rounds shortly after Gary Coleman's death, mostly because I always kind of liked the guy. I flirted with removing it but the colouring book itself is kind of a joy so it remained.

Previously reviewed Colouring Books
    If you have a colouring book you'd like to guest review, I'd like to hear from you!
    For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Really? An image I gave you was used to ridicule Gary Coleman after his death? Man, that makes me feel bad. There's no limit to how hateful some people can be.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

what is that in Buck's hand?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        what is that in Buck's hand?
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

^I don't know, but from the looks on their faces, he might have hit the thrusters too early...on the ship, that is.
          It's all good!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

The other question is where is Ardala's other hand??
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎