• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

custom head posts and resin question:

Hey all!
    Most of what I know about Resin is from building Garage Kits back in the 1980's.
    The heads I'm working on: Is it easier to make a straight post that slides in the torso hole or a MEGO like plug? Wouldnt a (resin) Plug crack the neck hole going in ?

And materials: what works for you in casting? Plain white rigid resin is nice but is that neccessity or preference?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by TrueDave; Mar 10, '11, 10:52 AM.
  • Trappy Trek Freak
    House of a thousand Megos
    • Aug 10, 2009

Hey Dave I just got some really awesome 30th anniversary gi joe heads that Austin did for me in 8in scale and they have the straight post. They fit very well with hardly no altering in a Doc Mego body. They were a little loose in a mego Trek body so I take a wide rubber band and superglue it around the post so it grips the neck hole. I have never cast anything but I use a lot of the resin heads. I have also cut the post off and dremeled out the inside and drill a hole and put them on a UFC body from JAKKS so they have a swivel head. Good Luck Dave
    Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I make mine with posts. If you're putting it on an original Mego or CTVT body you can file a couple notches into the lip of the post, work a notced end in, and rotate it into place. Doc bods have no give, so you'll have to use another method. I put a small eyebolt into the bottom of the plug, file it so it fits into the body, and tie it to the hip piece with elasticized cord.

I use Easyflo-60, which is a polyurethane. Rigid, durable, holds paint and details pretty good, easy to file and glue. (Takes superglue like nobody's business.)

Don C.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎