X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueSnags
    • Feb 3, 2011

Greatest American Hero

Craig,

Any chance of a Greatest American Hero line? Would love to see Ralph, Bill, Pam, maybe even a figure of one of the Green Guys (aliens)?

-Snags
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by BlueSnags
    Craig,

Any chance of a Greatest American Hero line? Would love to see Ralph, Bill, Pam, maybe even a figure of one of the Green Guys (aliens)?

-Snags
    I thought another company, maybe EMCE Toys, already did a limited run of a Ralph figure.

Comment

• MEMEGO
      Career Member
      • Sep 6, 2007

A limited ed GAH was made for Florida's FX con about 5 yrs back, it was a repro of the Prototype done by Mego, However, we collectors now need the remaining 2 figures from the line, which are bill as well as pam, Also the GAH now sells for about $100-150 with the suit version going for a bit more, This may be a bit pricey for the reg collector or person who might want one, also factor in the Popularity of the Series. Something to consider and maybe we can get them, I hope.

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

Last year I asked William Katt if he had any Retro figures leftover from the FX show and he said his are l-o-n-g gone.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• ZICA
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by MEMEGO
          A limited ed GAH was made for Florida's FX con about 5 yrs back, it was a repro of the Prototype done by Mego, However, we collectors now need the remaining 2 figures from the line, which are bill as well as pam, Also the GAH now sells for about $100-150 with the suit version going for a bit more, This may be a bit pricey for the reg collector or person who might want one, also factor in the Popularity of the Series. Something to consider and maybe we can get them, I hope.
          I see. Maybe at some point I could do something similar and just produce a Ralph figure to test the waters. I'll definitely put it on my list of projects to consider.

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by MEMEGO
            A limited ed GAH was made for Florida's FX con about 5 yrs back, it was a repro of the Prototype done by Mego
            That was DocMego/EMCE for FX, and it wasn't a repro, it was a brand new sculpt.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• LovethoseMegos
              Lover of Megos
              • Jan 3, 2010

I'd like to see a Sho' Nuff figure from The Last Dragon. He's is pictured in the avatar in the post above me.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

Oh yeah! I'd definitely buy one with the new sculpt!

I loved that show and I hated the way that it was constantly being bounced around the time slot!
                JediJaida

Comment

• megocrazy
                  Museum Trouble Maker
                  • Feb 18, 2007

I don't believe it was Katt that had the call. It was Cannell. With him passing on I don't know if anything has changed with the possibility of redoing the line. A proposed movie deal was the hold up if I remember correctly, though I'm not positive. I believe Doc mentioned once he actually spoke with Katt and he was interested but Cannell was the one that needed to be on board. The new sculpt is really nice. Of course we never really knew what the final production piece would have looked like. I'd say between the FX GAH and the new Gorn, they're my two favorite new sculpts.

I believe Robert Culp actually got to see the 8" Bill Maxwell prototype before he died. I know for a fact they were in the same building at the same time. This would be a cool line to see finished.
                  It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

I would definately be interested in that line. the FX limited run Dr. Mego did was awesome but out of my price range. a mass produced line wouldf be awesome. If i recall correctl S. J. Canal did not want to do more than what Paul did so I gues it would be up to his estate

Comment

• JuliusMarxAFI
                      • Dec 5, 2007

Yeah. I'd TOTALLY buy that line! I loved that show. I have one of the FX show ones... but I don't want to open it.

About 15 years ago I was in a Shakespeare company in upstate New York and one of Robert Culp's sons was in the show with me. His dad never knew about the Mego prototypes that were floating around out there so I got to fill them in on all that stuff. Mr. Culp was really interested in tracking one down.

I'd love a Bill Maxwell and a Pam Davidson... heck I'd even buy a Tony, Rhonda, Carlyle and a "little green guy."

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by JuliusMarxAFI
                        Yeah. I'd TOTALLY buy that line! I loved that show. I have one of the FX show ones... but I don't want to open it.
                        ."
                        You relize that it,s not sealed right? The clam it,s in opens and closes quite easily.
                        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• bobws
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 13, 2008

Yeah, I'd buy Ralph, Billand pam and the 4 students as well. even the Greatsest Heroine and her daughter from the 2nd pilot.
                          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Wise4671
                            Banned
                            • Aug 11, 2007

Yep I would be on board with these for sure and heck if you make the students we will also have an Eddie from Eddie and the Crusers

Comment

• jimsmegos
                              Mego Dork
                              • Nov 9, 2008

After scoring one of these I must say it is perhaps one of my most favorites. To round out the line would be cool. fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎