X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Krusher
    Banned
    • Oct 25, 2010

Help please from the pros!

I was going to add these shots in my other thread, but I think they fit more here, as I'm looking for ANY input on possible customization...

I'm essentially looking for opinions on:
    (For the Ooze monster)

- Possible custom heads
    - Suits/armours/cloaks/etc.
    - Possible accessories
    - Possibly hand and foot 'attachments'
    - Playset ideas

...ANYthing really. It seems that the Neptunian 'over feet' fit him just fine, as do the Scarecrow's elf-like boots, and the Lion's 'feet'. (The Lion's feet feel like they were tailored for the monster..) I suppose that I'm mostly curious about HEADS, as his head is a screw-on 'lid' basically, and I could see this being doable, especially considering the WEALTH of amazing talent here.
    I have my 'favorites' among customizers, but I'd like EVERYone's input on this.

If it helps, the monster is a hair taller than the standard Mego figure, and his body is basically the shape of a withered and lumpy softball. (I'd imagine LYCRA would be the way to go here....'stretchy' suits to accomodate his 'unique' body type..)

Here are some random mental images and concepts of what I'd like to be part of his "world":

Scooby-Doo, Star Wars, POTA, primative, Classic Trek, Exotic sea life, reptilian, "slime", certain Superhero elements, Kaiju, 70s robotica, alien/unknown plant life, mutations, monsterish imagery,etc.
    One of the BIGGEST influences that I'd like to work-in would be those AWESOME cardbacks for the Outer Space Men that Mel Birnkrant did...these are VERY close to what I'm aiming for in terms of overall "theme".

I am (hopefully!) having a caveman-type furry unitard and a 'Buck Rogers meets classic Superhero' spandex suit being made for him, but I need FAR more. I think that his unique look and physical structure open up MANY possibilities. (What about "add-ons" for his facial orifices??....like maybe bugged-OUT eyes or a strange tongue?.....couldnt this be done with some sort of doll eyes?)

Thanks VERY much to the many talented artists in advance, and here are some shots that hopefully illustrate his proportions sufficiently and give you an idea of what a 'blank canvas' he could be:

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Looks like the pants and jacket from Hasbro's 9 inch Penguin might fit him. I'd need to dig around and see if I still have a set.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
      Banned
      • Oct 25, 2010

Thanks!

He has a pretty FAT belly, and a VERY bulbous butt...I think they made him this way (his butt..) so he could sit on a shelf. (He easily does as well...even on an outstretched finger...just like a bird.)

I'll get some close-ups of his butt from different angles, you really have to SEE it to believe it... lol

Comment

• TrueDave
        Toy Maker
        • Jan 12, 2008

Crazy!!!
        I really don't know who this guy is. Can you tell me more? What the toy is called and what you want to be looking at when youre finished?
        That blurry picture looks like youre holding a mutant baby in a grass hut!!!!!

Will 12" scale clothing fit him?

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

If you must.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
            Banned
            • Oct 25, 2010

TrueDave - LOL! Actually, now that the cat is out of the BAG, I may as well come clean, publically.... That last picture IS in fact me holding a severly deformed baby in a grass hut. The year was 1988. I was a confused, yet curious teenager. During a trip to the Brazilian rainforest I met this witch doctor who promised me he could...

Seriously...he is called 'Ooze-It' and was made by a home-brew toy company in 1980. Check Google for more information on him. (I did some research myself, and I wish I HADNT....seems like the patent holder/inventor of the monster was recently charged with 'animal hoarding', and is a registered sex offender as well....)

More (buttock) pictures to come..

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by Mr.Krusher
              registered sex offender as well....
              More (buttock) pictures to come..
              Wow! Not sure I want to see that!
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                Banned
                • Oct 25, 2010

^ ba-dum-tshhhhh!

You SPLICED those two statements together to suit your OWN needs!! HEY - do you work for Fox News?!?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

He didn't ooze out his butt, too, did he?

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                    Banned
                    • Oct 25, 2010

^ Only after eating from Taco Bell... I tried to TELL him that the 'food' there is little more than beef lard mixed-in with some cat hair and Play-Doh, but when he's on the whiskey he doesnt wanna listen to ANYone...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

so far I got a pair of denim shorts and a t shirt for OOzie.

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                        Banned
                        • Oct 25, 2010

Awesome, thanks! Does the t-shirt have some sort of print or design on it, or? I'm VERY curious about this helmet...I cant imagine it fitting his ENGORGED head...??

Thanks again!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

its sort of an athletic shirt with some sort of logo on it. From an Urban Icons figure.

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

I wonder if one of those Mexican Batman heads Bryan has - you know, the ones that were smuggled out of the factory in a "special" place - would fit
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Mr.Krusher
                              Banned
                              • Oct 25, 2010

^ Awesome! You know...I actually HAVE a few of those...though mine are the 3" ones. My Azrak Dracula is wearing one of the shirts now....it has the Andre the Giant logo and the word 'OBEY' under it, I would LOVE to find this same shirt in the 12" scale!

Meule - I was wondering the same...or maybe a Stretch Monster/X-Ray head?

OH - Here are some shots of his....posterior. Try not to get TOO excited folks, I am only trying to illustrate how ODD his shape is and how it might be tricky finding bottoms for him:

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎