X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

The Adventure Team glows in the dark ?

Okay I knew there was a Space Capsule that glwed inside. Then there was the lost satilite BUT:

I recentlly bought the Radiation Detection uniform. Lime green with off white trim all over. I just wanted it because it's the ugliest 1970s GI Joe outfit.

Yesterday I walked into a Dark room carrying the Eagle Eye Joe in his Radiation Detection outfit, and . . .he glows in the dark!
    The "white " trim glows green in teh dark, looks a LOT like the first Tron movie. It is absolutely cool and I feel foolish to have doubted the Adventure team with my "Hokey 1970's jumpsuit" insult.

Can GI Joe get any better? What else glows from the GI Joe line?
    I don't have the Radiation Detection belt so I dont know if that glows as well.
    Heres the outfit I'm talking about:

GI Joe Radiation Detection Set Mint on Figure Vintage - eBay (item 220744008076 end time Mar-24-11 20:42:30 PDT)
  • Bionic Joe
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 10, 2006

Really? i never knew that as that was one outfit i never wanted or got as a kid, and as an adult collecter it was not on my list to get but know i'm interested to tracking one down and since i just got a nude land adventurer i guess i'll start looking for in my opion the worst AT Joess outfit ever made

Comment

• wilbs518
      Mego Collector
      • Jul 25, 2009

Sweet outfit!
      sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

Wow, I didn't know that either. That's pretty cool. I love glow stuff.
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Bionic Joe
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 10, 2006

Just checked e-bay and it looks like the suit it's self is easy to get and cheap the belt is another story found only one and it had a BIN of $14.99

Comment

• TrueDave
            Toy Maker
            • Jan 12, 2008

I have Action Man's 40th green goggles on him but after looking at the EBay listing I wonder if the white trim on THIS sets goggles glow as well.

Man, I can't get a way with reproduction ANYTHING on this guy!!!! :-)

Comment

• Trappy Trek Freak
              House of a thousand Megos
              • Aug 10, 2009

They should have done Glow in the Dark stuff with the Super Joes although there is that bright Green bodysuit for those 8 inch Joes.
              Flickr: Trappy74's Photostream

Comment

• shyndman
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 29, 2008

Show me the green

This thread brought back some memories of Lightning Bug Glow Juice. This stuff came in a bottle which you could brush onto whatever and when it hardened, it glowed in the dark (after sticking the object next to a lightbulb for 30 seconds and turning off the lights). It had the consistency of rubber cement when dry. I still have a jar of Metholatum with a painted lid which I had hoped would make it easy to spot in the dark, next to my bed.

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 20, 2008

Originally posted by TrueDave
                  Okay I knew there was a Space Capsule that glwed inside. Then there was the lost satilite BUT:

I recentlly bought the Radiation Detection uniform. Lime green with off white trim all over. I just wanted it because it's the ugliest 1970s GI Joe outfit.

Yesterday I walked into a Dark room carrying the Eagle Eye Joe in his Radiation Detection outfit, and . . .he glows in the dark!
                  The "white " trim glows green in teh dark, looks a LOT like the first Tron movie. It is absolutely cool and I feel foolish to have doubted the Adventure team with my "Hokey 1970's jumpsuit" insult.

Can GI Joe get any better? What else glows from the GI Joe line?
                  I don't have the Radiation Detection belt so I dont know if that glows as well.
                  Heres the outfit I'm talking about:

GI Joe Radiation Detection Set Mint on Figure Vintage - eBay (item 220744008076 end time Mar-24-11 20:42:30 PDT)
                  The belt also glows (though I think there was also a non-glow variation) and the trim on Joe's goggles glows too (there are specific goggles that came with that set). Also, the little piece of rock that Joe is supposed to collect with those big grippers glows.

Aside from this set and the glow space capsule, I'm not sure there was anything that glowed in the dark.

Sean

Comment

• DocDrako
                    Formerly Doc Drako
                    • Nov 11, 2004

Neat! It's like Joe got a little "radiated" during his mission. I too love glowing stuff. I have fond memories of a toy I had that glowed and yet I can't actually remember the toy. I used to fall asleep looking at it on my nightstand. I agree that the suit just became cooler with the discovery of the glow effect.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Joe90
                      Most Special Agent
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler
                      The belt also glows (though I think there was also a non-glow variation) and the trim on Joe's goggles glows too (there are specific goggles that came with that set). Also, the little piece of rock that Joe is supposed to collect with those big grippers glows.

Aside from this set and the glow space capsule, I'm not sure there was anything that glowed in the dark.

Sean
                      Sean beat me to it...
                      90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• TrueDave
                        Toy Maker
                        • Jan 12, 2008

I KNEW it!!!
                        It will take forever for me to find that belt and goggles. !!
                        AND $$$$$$$

Oh I THOUGHT I was safe. A Snow Patrol belt and goggles from a Panzer Captain but NO!!!

I have some glow in the dark paint. I made a "special" painting for a buddy of mine.

Wonder if he ever walks past it long after he turns the lights out? I'm such a stinker.

Originally posted by SpaceCrawler

Sean

Comment

• TrueDave
                          Toy Maker
                          • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by DocDrako
                          I agree that the suit just became cooler with the discovery of the glow effect.
                          A "discovery" that is exactlly as old as i am.
                          Wonder why they never advertised it on the box.
                          Now that EVERYONE knows I never complete his set :-(

Comment

• Joe90
                            Most Special Agent
                            • Feb 23, 2008

A "discovery" that is exactlly as old as i am.
                            Wonder why they never advertised it on the box.
                            Now that EVERYONE knows I never complete his set :-(
                            The pieces aren't that hard to find. I've come across belts and goggles and passed them on as I've got the complete set.

If I find any I'll pass them on to you.
                            90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 10, 2006

I KNEW it!!!
                              It will take forever for me to find that belt and goggles. !!
                              AND $$$$$$$

Oh I THOUGHT I was safe. A Snow Patrol belt and goggles from a Panzer Captain but NO!!!

I have some glow in the dark paint. I made a "special" painting for a buddy of mine.

Wonder if he ever walks past it long after he turns the lights out? I'm such a stinker.
                              Yes the belt costs a lot more then the ugly lime green jump suit i got the suit for $6 but the damn belt cost me $15

Checking thru my parts bin i found two pairs of green goggles one with a white elastic strasp which is streched out and useless and one with a black elastic strap which is still nice but thats the one that most likely went which a differnt outfit

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎