• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

New Tonner Joker

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/Tonne...dc_joker_L.jpg

Head would make a great base for Mad Monster Party Phyliss Diller customs.

Chris
    sigpic
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Oh boy I HATE that one! Bleech!
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

17 Tonner DC Stars: The Joker - DC Comics - ToyNewsI.com

linking directly to the image doesn't seem to work

A+ on the outfit but why did they put makeup on my Nana like that?
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Sorry guys, the linkage seems weird on this one.

Yeah, the outfit is superb. Above the other Tonners for sure, but that face, and that HAIR!!!. Rooted hair does not work for short-haired, male characters.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I just don't quite get these.

The characters are probably not going to appeal to Tonner's fashion doll collectors and the odd sculpts are going to turn off action figure and super hero collectors. I did a quick look over of the toymania boards and the collectors there were comparing the look of the Tonner Joker to Liberace and Phyllis Diller.

I can see the high price also deterring a lot of collectors picking them up just for the novelty factor of how weird they are. I just can't see these appealing to much of anybody.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 8, '07, 3:22 PM. Reason: typos
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Wow I actually like him,he looks pretty bad to me
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• davidb
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 9, 2007

Like Chris said above, the outfit looks great and I love the cane, but the head just isn't cutting it for me. I'm passing on this one.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I just don't quite get these.

The characters are probably not going to appeal to Tonner's fashion doll collectors and the odd sculpts are going to turn off action figure and super hero collectors. I did a quick look over of the toymania boards and the collectors there were comparing the look of the Tonner Joker to Liberace and Phyllis Diller.

I can see the high price also deterring a lot of collectors picking them up just for the novelty factor of how weird they are. I just can't see these appealing to much of anybody.
                I actually found the link on RTM. And I saw the Diller comments, and I agreed with them. Even if I hadn't read them, I'd have thought that. I know sometimes the Joker's sexuality is called into question, but I think we can all agree he rarely looks like an old woman.

My wife was initially excited by these. Even though they are expensive, they aren't insanely priced like the earlier Tonner DC offerings. BUT, the design of all but Wonder Woman has turned her off. And her being a fashion doll and super heroine collector, she's the prime market.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• joshvox
                  Clown Prince of Crime
                  • Mar 21, 2006

You know, I hate, hate, HATE Tonner dolls, so I fully expected to be really ticked off at their version of my favorite character. However, I must say the outfit looks great, and I even kinda dig the face. It's just creepy (yes, in a what kind of acid are you on grandma? kind of way) enough to be joker-ish. I actually may even buy it.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

Has a very interesting retro appeal to it,.. but have they even made a Batman yet ? ... The only one of these I ever even thought about buying was the Aquaman,... just thought he was neat.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• joshvox
                      Clown Prince of Crime
                      • Mar 21, 2006

here is a better (closeup) pic of the joker head:

Comment

• supes
                        For the love of Mego's!
                        • Jan 19, 2004

He looks like Bea Arthur from the golden girls.

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• roman
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jan 25, 2003

The head does look like Diller or Liberace. The suit is awsome. I dig him actually.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Now, some may say that the definitive Joker that we know around here
                            has his hair thinning and some may just say his hair is "average" in thickness
                            but the amt. of hair on that sculpt is just too much for me----if there was a more
                            traditional Joker "do" the "Bea Arthuresque" face wouldn't be half as distracting IMO
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎