X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEMEGO
    Career Member
    • Sep 6, 2007

Question About Mego And Lead Paint

Currently action figures and many other toys are being with drawn/recalled from the market due to lead paint. I was told that the lead paint law went into effect in the U.S.A in 1979. (not sure if the yr is correct this is as per what ther person told me)

oes anyone know if megos had lead?
    I just think this is a interesting question, which as per my knowledge has not been addressed yet.
    Megos having lead or not will not affect my love for them and does not affect any of us, since we are grown ups and don't crew on them. however, it would be of interest to the ones who have small children and who may be trying to introduce these great figures to the next generation.

What do you all think? Let me know.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Actually, it was talked about in this thread:

Hey, i guess everyone has heard about the big Mattel fiasco, the product recall of certain playlines made in china with heavy duty lead paint? Was wondering if any megos would have lead paint , and if so have we all been slowly poisoning ourselves (happily) to death?:no:

As I mentioned there, I'd be more concerned about plasticizers and other deteriorating chemicals that probably exist in the 30+ year old toys. Damn little guys are probably full of toxic waste. I am building up a collection of Megos for my son to play with, but I'm waiting until he gets older (ie. stops trying to put everything in his mouth) just to be safe.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎