Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds! Why Hulk vs Thor fans shall rejoice!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds! Why Hulk vs Thor fans shall rejoice!

Now I've never been a huge video game guy. I always hated how the Hulk was portrayed in these Capcom fighting games because he was always shown to be smaller than Juggernaut (which always infuriated me). Not to mention that this game is what truly sparked the whole Juggernaut is more stronger than the Hulk debate in the 90's.

Anyways, I bought the XBox360 more for my daughter and picked up Mortal Combat vs DC Universe so we could play out the Captain Marvel vs Superman rivalry (yes, she is a freak like me). Yesterday we picked up Marvel vs Capcom 3 and strategy guide(because she loves Jean Grey as the Phoenix and loves looking at the stats of the heroes and villains). So as I was looking through the guide I noticed how powerful both the Hulk and Thor were. And looking further, I noticed that they were the two most powerful in the entire game (next to the final-boss Galactus) and great rivals for each other to battle it out. So here are some stats that should make Hulk and Thor fans happy.

Vitality: This is how much the character can take before being knocked out.

Thor is ranked number 2 in the game with 1,250,000 points (only behind the Sentinel at number 1 with 1,300,000). This is great because Thor's warrior spirit keeps him fighting on no matter the odds.

Hulk is tied for 3rd (with Capcom characters Haggar and Tron) with 1,200,000 points. But what the Hulk lacks against Thor in vitality he makes up with super armor, in which, when he is grounded, he can take a hit and walk through it without falling back (he is the only character in the game that has this ability). This makes the Hulk extremely dangerous when he gets close.

X-Factor: This is the damage and speed this character brings to your triple or double team when you have a certain number of power bars (1-3 plus), the more bars, the more damage. I'm only listing damage.

Thor on level 3 plus brings in 220% of damage to your double/triple teams which he is tied for 2nd with the Sentinel in the entire game. This makes Thor a great teammate to have.

Hulk is tied for 1st at 230% with Iron man (who should be a great support character with his tech) in the game. Hulk damage is, of course, second to none.

Strengths and overall:
    Thor is a great in-close character but is also awesome at range, as he should be. With his vitality and combos, etc. he is by far, one of the best and most feared in the game. He only has a little lag time, which is true to the character because Thor was never the fastest guy on the battlefield. The God of Thunder shines just like he should.

Hulk is THE in-close character in the game who can deliver the most damage consistently with every maneuver he has in his arsenal. Sure some specials like Akuma's "Raging Demon" is the games most deadly finishing Hyper combo. But more often than not, the Hulk will beat anyone in the game if they fight him on his terms. When it comes to hit and be hit, he will be the last guy standing. The strategy guide says it best; "Complete with incredible power that sets the standard for strength."

So finally a game where Thor and Hulk fans can both be happy and fight it out and see who is truly the best.
    Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Feb 21, '11, 10:02 AM.
    If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

Website for anyone interested!!

MARVEL 3: Fate of Two Worlds | The Official Site for MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3
    If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

I've been playing this, but I'm not very good at most Capcom fighting games. However, I do like Darkstalkers - Out of that property, I think I've done pretty well with Felicia. Cap is another one I like to add to my team. Playing as Deadpool is just entertaining.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
        WANTED for card bending
        • Apr 26, 2008

I absolutely feel cheated by this game. I shelled out $70 for the special edition to get the 2 bonus characters early, a half a comic and a snazzy tin. only big problem was that the characters were not ready and i got them the same day every other ninny could buy them. also they really dumbed down the strategy acpect of the game, more of a button masher. I LOVE the firs one, and still play it often, the second one they took away one set of buttons, and now there are 3 attack buttons and a special button? what gives?

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎