X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Best/Worst Adventure Team outfit?

Worst = Radiation detection. Lime green with white vinyl trim and a matching belt. I LOVE IT !!!

Best= Brown Double breasted Undercover agent Trenchcoat. I LOVE IT!

oops. Sorry about the thread title. Got stuck in there, cant seem to edit titles.The theme song poll was posted in General Buzz.
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

dangerous removel was always left warming the shelf!

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

talk about a tuff choice as there were a lot of cool outfits for the JOES in the 70s like Jungle surrival way cool hunt for the white tiger way cool but i think my all time fav has to be the orange wet suit that came with a shark i loved that set as a kid and my sea adventurer was pretty much always wearing it
      For worst i would say the lime green jumpsuit with white piping i rember the local JM FIELDS always had tons of em warming the shelf a big yuck on that one

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

My favorite was always the green A-Team commander suit with the 2 buttons on each shirt pocket.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• captact
          King of Super Queens!
          • Aug 19, 2007

The WORST out for GI JOE of all time??? Was "PERILS OF THE RAGING INFERNO" set,..consisting of a spacesuit used for fire fighting????,....GEESH!!!!! What were they thinking??? Even the space propulsor is used as a fitre extinguisher......COME OOOOOON...!!!!!! Heres a peek:
          Google Image Result for http://www.shout.net/~scg/collections/images/jackjuka/RagingInfernoSealed.jpg

Ray

Comment

• Bionic Joe
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 10, 2006

Originally posted by captact
            The WORST out for GI JOE of all time??? Was "PERILS OF THE RAGING INFERNO" set,..consisting of a spacesuit used for fire fighting????,....GEESH!!!!! What were they thinking??? Even the space propulsor is used as a fitre extinguisher......COME OOOOOON...!!!!!! Heres a peek:
            Google Image Result for http://www.shout.net/~scg/collections/images/jackjuka/RagingInfernoSealed.jpg

Ray
            Hasbro had drped all the space sets but had tons of left over stock and this was away to rid themselves of it

Comment

• TrueDave
              Toy Maker
              • Jan 12, 2008

We here discovered ( 38 years late) that green outfit : ALL the white piping on the sleeves, the belt and the trim on the goggles glows in the dark like TRON.

I went from a big yuck to AWESOME !!!!!
              Now I really want those goggles and belt !!!!!

I heard Dangerous removal wasnt so popular. Thast teh Orange padded suit right?
              I love how they had a Tip of the Hat to that set with the 1982 Flash and Grand Slam!!!

Originally posted by spockfan74
              talk about a tuff choice as there were a lot of cool outfits for the JOES in the 70s like Jungle surrival way cool hunt for the white tiger way cool but i think my all time fav has to be the orange wet suit that came with a shark i loved that set as a kid and my sea adventurer was pretty much always wearing it
              For worst i would say the lime green jumpsuit with white piping i rember the local JM FIELDS always had tons of em warming the shelf a big yuck on that one

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                Career Member
                • Jul 25, 2010

Originally posted by spockfan74
                but i think my all time fav has to be the orange wet suit that came with a shark i loved that set as a kid and my sea adventurer was pretty much always wearing it
                I have the Shark's Surprise playset. Sadly my wet suit suffered severe meltdown over the years and had to be tossed .
                Vintage Toy Rescue
                1614-B N State Hwy 161
                Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• david_b
                  Never had enough toys..
                  • May 9, 2008

"Who.. Does.. Not.. Like.. The.. Lime.. Green.. Coveralls..??"

I wonder, what Brick Mantooth would wear if he had to conduct a dangerous "Radiation Detection" mission..

Favorites AT outfits..? Too numerous to mention and I don't have a Joe Guide handy to properly name what sets they're from, but I liked the standard solid yellow, white and orange colored overalls. I wish the red coveralls had the collar on them.

When I had my guys out in the cold, nothing looked better than to have a old, beat-up OD field jacket over the top of the coveralls.

Actually, when boating around in the AT Swampcraft, I put my guys in the Captain Action SGT Fury camo coveralls. It looks pretty awesome.

The black waistcoat with the camo pants looks nice as well.

david_b
                  Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎