Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you look at your collection ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

How often do you look at your collection ?

How often do you look at your collection ? and do you enjoy cleaning and looking after it? lol I could happily spend hours looking after it , taking photographs , and I love spending time researching stuff Iv recently got

Do you display some of it or is it locked away in a dusty closet?
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Everyday! My clothes closet is in the toyroom. I say hello to them, and go in sometimes and play w/ them and once a week I babysit a little boy Cory and he loves it n there. I don't dust very ofren, (I know), but some of the toys don't gather much dust b/c kids play w/ them.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

It was every day. But right now I'm boxing everything and moving it out because I need to replace the water lines that run over the ceiling panels and I can't afford any accidents, so it's all coming out. Jeez. I got too much stuff. This will likely take me AT LEAST a week to move. I'm giving serious thought to selling some stuff, just to have the space back. But then again, I'll just fill it with more stuff.

Comment

• kennermike
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 4, 2007

everything is in a closet in boxes dont have the room to display but I look at everything of and on

Comment

• Godzilla
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 3, 2002

Just about everyday. Most is displayed in my basement. I still wish I had more room.
          Mortui Vivos Docent
          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

I only play with with the Sideshow Zira and Cornelius. The rest are in pieces scattered in boxes and not displayed.

That's why I have stopped buying. I am only expecting one figure to be delivered sometime in the summer because it was a pre-order.
            Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
            Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
            1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• TheDoLittle
              Disco King Discomboblator
              • Oct 24, 2010

I also look at mine daily. It sits in my living room on shelving on either side of my television. But, to be fair, I also have a good deal more packed away in storage boxes. I only really display my Captain America and Star Wars stuff, with a sprinkle of other stuff thrown in.
              ---
              David O. Little
              -=The DoLittle 8-)=-
              My Blog
              Picasa Web Albums - David Little

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

I have most of my Megos and some other select items in my computer room, so I get to see them every day. The rest of my collection is in a dedicated small toy room, which I don't get to spend as much time in as I'd like. Last year my wife and I spent a week redesigning the room, adding more shelves, etc., and it was alot of fun. I'm trying to think of new projects just so I have an excuse to spend alot of time in there again

Comment

• vulcan2074
                  Live Long and Prosper
                  • Mar 23, 2008

I look at my collection daily. I have a little display area which I change out regularly. I enjoy going through my collection and doing research on them. I Love this hobby so much.
                  Sammy

Comment

• TrueDave
                    Toy Maker
                    • Jan 12, 2008

I dont have as much as I used to. The attic is for playing and displaying. Right now I have Megos out in various stages of being rebuilt.
                    Usually it's 12" GI Joe and my wifes Barbies.
                    She works at night so if I have a beer and watch a Zombie flick I usually keep Eagle Eye Joe or someone near to keep me company during the scary parts.

Hey, watching TV playing with an action figure cuts down on Potato Chip consumption. Flash Fact !

Comment

• littlewink
                      Museum Patron
                      • May 19, 2008

When we purchased our new home I wanted an extra room just to display my collectables. I am in their everyday as I must pass the room daily, I stop in and look around because it brings me back to a time when things were simple and fun. I am fortunate enough to be able to display all of it in lighted display cabinets. While I am researching some of my stuff, the cabinets are all light up, the 70s music is blarring and I am in my own little heaven. I luv it very much. My dog, is very drawn to that room, she luves being in their with me, must be a good vibe attached to all these old toys.

Collecting and displaying is very fun, glad I got into it a while back and I enjoy having friends and family over as they enjoy it to, they just light when they hold their favorite toy they had when they were kids..........this is why I do this. Surprisingly enough, when my nieces come over they all want to go to this room and just ask questions about when I was a kid and how things were back then, they like playing the old boardgames, fun times all around.

Cheers

Comment

• littlewink
                        Museum Patron
                        • May 19, 2008

When we purchased our new home I wanted an extra room just to display my collectables. I am in their everyday as I must pass the room daily, I stop in and look around because it brings me back to a time when things were simple and fun. I am fortunate enough to be able to display all of it in lighted display cabinets. While I am researching some of my stuff, the cabinets are all light up, the 70s music is blarring and I am in my own little heaven. I luv it very much. My dog, is very drawn to that room, she luves being in their with me, must be a good vibe attached to all these old toys.

Collecting and displaying is very fun, glad I got into it a while back and I enjoy having friends and family over as they enjoy it to, they just light when they hold their favorite toy they had when they were kids..........this is why I do this. Surprisingly enough, when my nieces come over they all want to go to this room and just ask questions about when I was a kid and how things were back then, they like playing the old boardgames, fun times all around.

Cheers

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

I love looking at my stuff and could sit there for hours looking at it all

I have my very own toy room, pics coming soon tons of mixed crap and not to mention a whole closet and garage full of stuff in boxes
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
                            Web Wobbler
                            • May 12, 2007

Sold a good part of my collection off because I couldn't display it. Still only have around 65% on display, but am rotating items out.
                            Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
                            Good Trader List

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                              Banned
                              • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by toys2cool
                              I love looking at my stuff and could sit there for hours looking at it all

I have my very own toy room, pics coming soon tons of mixed crap and not to mention a whole closet and garage full of stuff in boxes

Hey nothing is crap if you love it i love disco and 70s music as well so I have that playing when I am looking over my old vintage toys Its relaxing and a total blast i even love it if the toy has an advert lol I could watch over and over ...great times

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎