X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Smallville Season Finale

I hope this thread doesn't degenerate into "Smallville Sucks". If you feel that way, as the author of this thread I ask you to please move on. I don't crap in other folks threads about things I don't like or care about. I'd ask you to do the same.

Overall, I felt this was a pretty strong finale. Honestly I feel this season has lost quite a bit of steam since Green Arrow departed with the Justice League. The soap opera emphasis on Lana has increased, although they did take it to some interesting places. This episode seemed to pick up the "umph" of the earlier part of the season and run with it. It was a little too fast-paced, I felt they should have sacrificed some of the filler episodes to expand elements of this one, but the break-neck pace did hammer home the urgency of things.

Now SPOILERS:

1. Lana SO got into that truck that went past right before her car went boom.

2. Martian Manhunter worked with Jor-El...WHAT? They got some 'splainin' to do.

3. Bizarro Clark YEAH!

4. Clark finally tells Lana. Glad that's finally over with

5. Martha leaving. That sucks. Although they haven't done a thing with her all year basically.

6. Chloe had better not be dead. They teased us with Lana's death once before, and we lost Jonathan Kent. If we lose Chloe instead of Lana...

I hope they wrap up all the danglers in the season opener (or at least the first few episodes). They sometimes have a habit of wrapping up things too quickly in the openers and not answering all the questions from the previous finale. I'm betting Lana will presume dead for a good chunk of the first part of Season 7 while Lex stews in prison. Just a guess.

Chris
    sigpic
  • joshvox
    Clown Prince of Crime
    • Mar 21, 2006

so is this the final season coming up? I keep saying I'm going to pick back up on this show, but I haven't yet.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

This is apparently Michael Rosenbaum's last season coming up. Tom Welling signed up for an eighth, but it sounds like to me 8 isn't a given by any means. I hope they just end it next season. I think without Roesnbaum's Lex the show would lose a lot of it's strengths. Maybe if they brough back James Marsters as Brainiac as the primary villain. That may work...

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I really enjoyed the episode last night. I've managed to miss a few including Linda Carter but wasn't going to miss last night. I agree with Chris. The season went up and down.

A. It's a given Lana is in the truck.
        B. Manhunter has to go back into space to heal himself? What?
        C. Did NOT see the Bizarro Clark angle coming!!
        D. Agree with Chris
        E. Apparently I missed whatever has happened to Chloe since I didn't get the tear thing. I hope she isn't dead either. I really like her "oracle" role in Smallville. Knowing Clarks secret, being able to dig up information, being able to get a hold of Ollie and his crew. She's one of my favorite characters.

I'm actually tired of the Clark/Lana thing and wish they would concentrate on Clark/Lois.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

E. Apparently I missed whatever has happened to Chloe since I didn't get the tear thing. I hope she isn't dead either. I really like her "oracle" role in Smallville. Knowing Clarks secret, being able to dig up information, being able to get a hold of Ollie and his crew. She's one of my favorite characters.
          It was revealed mid-season that Chloe was meteor-infected. Until this episode, her power was unknown. Chloe is one of my favorites as well. I hope her power includes regeneration, or something like it!!!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• txteach
            Banned
            • Jun 17, 2005

I also really like the show. I kinda though Whiney Lana wasn't dead. Chloe would be a big loss if she were gone. I am still wondering who planted the bomb. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Lex. I guess I'll have to wait for all my answers.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

My wife Cindy thinks Lana set the whole explosion up to fake her death and pin it on Lex so he'd be behind bars and unable to come after her, and also for revenge. Considering the dark path Lana's taken, it makes sense.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

Thanks for the info Chris. Looks like I'll be catching reruns this summer. I like Cindy's idea about Lana.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Hulk
                  Mayor of Megoville
                  • May 10, 2003

Bizarro Clark is a great idea, once you get over the hokey circumstances around the origin. He has done a great job with the Red Kryptonite Clark/Kal-El, and with the withdrawn Kal-El characters, this should be an interesting twist to that if done right.

Definitely made some of those goofier things worthwhile this season. He needed more powerful foes than the average Meteor freaks, and with this and Lex' potential SuperArmy, Clark should be pushed to his limit more often next season. I am confident Chloe will back, as well as Lana.

This show has defined itself with fantastic season finales, and this was no exception. This one probably ranks in the middle of that pack, especially in how it is leaving me excited about next season, opposed to just the premiere where they neatly wrap things up. The ending simply rocked!

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I LOVE Smallville...it's one...of the two Shows I watch on Tv(24 is the other)! I thought it was great Episode...with an awesome ending! Finally...Clark has a worthy Nemesis(besides Lex of course)!
                    Last edited by The Bat; May 18, '07, 9:50 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

I haven't watched regularly since Season 3...but it all sounds intriguing. Maybe I should pick up the seasons I'm missing on DVD over the summer and catch up.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                        Career Member
                        • May 14, 2007

I greatly enjoyed this season finale and the appearance of Bizarro Clark was a nice surprise.
                        Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Customslab

well lana is alive that was a trick by lana and lexs father so clark can tend to the matters at hand

chole is dead i think this is where lois will take over being the true reporter because of chole death imo

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

Spoiler ahead from KryptonSite.com

The CW has officially announced their Fall 2007 schedule, and another season of Smallville. is in the plans.
                            They have also released a write-up promoting the new season; if you read closely you may get a hint as to who is leaving the show. Also on the cast list for Season 7 is a new addition.
                            Fans should be happy that certain people ARE on the cast list, as well.
                            Here's that write-up:
                            Returning for its seventh season, this new interpretation of the enduring Superman mythology and its classic characters blends realism and adventure into an exciting action series. Fourteen years ago, a meteor shower burst from the heavens, raining destruction on the unsuspecting citizens of Smallville, Kansas. From the ashes of tragedy, emerged Clark Kent. Struggling to come to grips with his emerging superpowers, while battling the strange events that have plagued this idyllic Midwest hamlet since the meteor shower, Clark slowly learns to embrace his destiny. SMALLVILLE chronicles Clark's journey toward becoming the Man of Steel and his relationships with girl-next-door Lana Lang, future love Lois Lane and soon-to-be arch-nemesis Lex Luthor.

The series stars Tom Welling as Clark Kent, Kristin Kreuk as Lana Lang, Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor, Erica Durance as Lois Lane, Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan, John Glover as Lionel Luther and Aaron Ashmore as Jimmy Olsen. Reinterpreting the Superman mythology from its roots, SMALLVILLE was developed for television by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar ("Shanghai Noon," "Spiderman 2"), based on the DC Comics characters. Gough and Millar serve as executive producers, along with Ken Horton, Mike Tollin, Brian Robbins, Joe Davola, Kelly Souders & Brian Peterson and Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer. The series is produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions, Millar/Gough Ink and Warner Bros. Television. Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.

The missing cast member next season will be Annette O'Toole, not Alison Mack. I wouldn't be surprised by some guest appearances, but her character pretty much made it clear she would be busy in Washington. After Jonathan died, she had little to do. My guess, Chloe is back by the end of Episode 1 or 2 next season, Lana either will be see behind the scenes or will be back by Episode 3 or 4 at the latest.

Comment

• Customslab

well wait and see

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎