X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

My New Vintage Kenner Pic Up :) Yeh

Well after much saving and arranging this she is finally here ... My Rare Red head vintage 1972 Kenner Blythe Over the moon with her this is photos of me opening her box this morning , never though I would like it as much there superb Seller said this version is rare as the dark hair and blonds and mid browns are more common what you guys think? she is in amazing condition for nearly being 40 years old body is perfect and with minty hair and loads of outfits ... original and taged I think she is so cool

Will take more artistic shots later and post ..this was a bit of a rush

Here is a video of me DE-Boxing Her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOPjWgDKHf8

Perfect face and no face rubs + minty hair (and un cut)

Hope you like seeing this mad little dolly
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats! She is very cool.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
      Banned
      • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
      Congrats! She is very cool.
      Hey thanks yes she is hard to believe she is nearly 40 years old

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

wow it looks mint

Comment

• boynightwing
          That Carl Guy
          • Apr 24, 2002

She looks like she might kill me in my sleep. I like her.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

The red head and the blonde are the 2 Ashton Drake chose to reproduce. That one looks as nice as any I've seen.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

I agree very cool!
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• RG
                Removed.
                • Oct 1, 2004

oh man that is awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

• kennermike
                  Permanent Member
                  • Nov 4, 2007

man these dolls are creepy looking but Im glad you found one Karen I didnt know anything about these early 70's dolls till I joined the Fourm.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by boynightwing
                    She looks like she might kill me in my sleep. I like her.
                    I was going to say I wouldn't sleep in the same room with her

Comment

• SeattleEd
                      SynthoRes Transmigrator
                      • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                      The red head and the blonde are the 2 Ashton Drake chose to reproduce. That one looks as nice as any I've seen.
                      Actually, ADG reproduced all of . And new ones as well.

"These reproduction dolls are made by Ashton Drake, and are incredibly faithful to the original. The outfits are so exactly like the gowns that Blythe wore it's difficult to tell them apart from the original dresses.

And they were just as successful in reproducing the doll itself. Ashton Drake's Blythe has the distinctive eyes with four switch-able colors: green, blue, amber and pink.

In 2007, Ashton Drake will introduce 6 new Blythe dolls, starting with Pleasant Peasant #6. This will be the end of the series and the dolls won't be produced again after this year."
                      Last edited by SeattleEd; Feb 16, '11, 3:47 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Glad you like her. They are really cool. My ex wife went gaga when she first found out about them in 2000 when Gina Garan's book "This Is Blythe" came out.
                        Of course we could only afford the ADG versions and have joined the the THISISBLYTHE forum and managed to find out more about the dolls.

Originally posted by Karen-bionic-fan
                        [CENTER][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]Seller said this version is rare as the dark hair and blonds and mid browns are more common what you guys think?
                        Actually, the red hair is the more common one. Finding a minty blonde and brunette is very hard but one can find the redhead in the box more commonly as well. I'm only basing on my experience researching for the past 6 years. But I recommend joining the forum and get more info.
                        Last edited by SeattleEd; Feb 16, '11, 3:50 PM.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                          Banned
                          • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by ealdrett
                          Glad you like her. They are really cool. My ex wife went gaga when she first found out about them in 2000 when Gina Garan's book "This Is Blythe" came out.
                          Of course we could only afford the ADG versions and have joined the the THISISBLYTHE forum and managed to find out more about the dolls.

Actually, the red hair is the more common one. Finding a minty blonde and brunette is very hard but one can find the redhead in the box more commonly as well. I'm only based on my experience researching for the past 6 years. But I recommend joining the forum and get more info.

Iv got an Ashton drake Blythe she is lovely ( got it to see the difference between the two dolls ) but love my Kenner original there are two styles of red Blythe one with a side parting and one with small bangs the one I have and its the full red verion the other red is a nasty blondy red colour , iv seen loads of brown ones and blond ones but hardly any red , her hair is uncut .

Comment

• SeattleEd
                            SynthoRes Transmigrator
                            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by Karen-bionic-fan
                            Iv got an Ashton drake Blythe she is lovely ( got it to see the difference between the two dolls ) but love my Kenner original there are two styles of red Blythe one with a side parting and one with small bangs the one I have and its the full red verion the other red is a nasty blondy red colour , iv seen loads of brown ones and blond ones but hardly any red , her hair is uncut .
                            Seems the tides are turning and the reds have been scooped up by collectors and the blondes and browns are coming out of the woodwork. Interesting change in trend but that's how the collector's market works.
                            I agree, the originals are much nicer and yes, there were two variations in cuts for the red. Uncut hair is hard to find.
                            Most of the originals have been scooped up the Japanese collectors since Blythe is huge over there.
                            I've gotten to customizing Blythes and like that arena. Still need to finish my boy Blythe ala John Lennon.
                            Last edited by SeattleEd; Feb 16, '11, 4:01 PM.

Comment

• Wee67
                              Museum Correspondent
                              • Apr 2, 2002

I've always had a thing for redheads Nice pick up!
                              WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎