Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new patterns in the Custom section would you like to see?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

What new patterns in the Custom section would you like to see?

Well, I'd like to see a pattern for a karate gi/Jedi tunic in that section.

An assymetrical shirt pattern like that could have a myriad of uses in customizing, wouldn't it?

As well as more patterns for the ladies, I think that there's only one real pattern there for female figures, and it's a bodysuit pattern.

Anybody else?
    JediJaida
  • Tothiro
    Kitten Mittens
    • Aug 28, 2008

An AJ spysuit top - aka AE Parker. Though I'm about to do one of those myself, so perhaps I could supply files? Space 1999 crew outfits... based on the palitoy cut, not the CTVT of course. I haven't scored any original yet or I'd be able to measure it out.

Actually all the AE suits would be awesome - lots of members have asked after dress shirt/business suit patterns, and I'm curious to know what the dimensions for the Grayson bell bottoms are, etc.
    I made my own measurements for the Ties... I pulled a pic from the Accessory Check pages and took some digital calipers to the appropriate mego head, then scaled the file size in photoshop to match the dimensions and worked out perimeter, length and width measurements from there. Closest I could get without having an original in front of me.

I think the DG jacket would come in handy for anyone wanting to make a prototype POTA Astronaut - if memory serves the vest is the same cut as the Robin AE jacket minus the sleeves (Bryan would know best - I think he was looking into that way back)

Vintage dimensions for Robin Hood hoodie tops. This would be useful for Dr Doom, as jumper add-ons for The Spectre, etc.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

I would love to see some 12 inch figure patterns. I really need a Superman style pattern!

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

A long cloak with hood. I can do a cape decently, though it takes a while. I've never had a pattern for the hood that really worked, so I've never done a figure with a hood. I've got a custom I'd love to finish, but that is the missing piece.

Scott
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• stuart
          Hi-Yo Silver Away!
          • Jun 18, 2007

I would like to see patterns/instructions for printing custom suits on printable fabric.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

I like Jaida's suggestion on the robes/gi pattern.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Tothiro
              Kitten Mittens
              • Aug 28, 2008

Steve - The patterns I use are usually hand done, but I've been meaning to go through and clean them up into nice digital files... since I'm doing a few new ones (AJ spy top, possibly Merry Men hoodie top) I'll take the opportunity to try and do that.

Whatever I can work in I'll send over... Jawa robes (our gang bodies), Obi Wan, AE Tie, X-Men jumper (supes legs and seat with Shazam belt and top pattern), I also have a pretty good hooded robe I was using for Jedi Luke, Cantina Informant, etc.

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by Random Axe
                A long cloak with hood. I can do a cape decently, though it takes a while. I've never had a pattern for the hood that really worked, so I've never done a figure with a hood. I've got a custom I'd love to finish, but that is the missing piece.

Scott
                Some of the Hasbro 12" Star Wars later stuff does a nice job on the hoods. baggy with stiches tucking it down to stay "baggy" . I have a whole bag of Jedi stuff and they did some really ingenious stuff.

I'd like to see A Phantom Zone crimminal jumpsuit. Jor Els kryptonian judge robes , Darkman/Shadow/Holmes/Dr Who cape coat

Comment

• The Nawd
                  Nawd your head for yes.
                  • Feb 15, 2011

I'd like to see a double breasted jacket pattern for male and female MEGO's. There's a few different customs I have in mind (that'll take me ages to make) that call for one.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                    • Oct 8, 2007

Originally posted by Tothiro
                    Whatever I can work in I'll send over... Jawa robes (our gang bodies), Obi Wan, AE Tie, X-Men jumper (supes legs and seat with Shazam belt and top pattern), I also have a pretty good hooded robe I was using for Jedi Luke, Cantina Informant, etc.
                    Excellent. I approve of this post.
                    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Tothiro
                      Kitten Mittens
                      • Aug 28, 2008

Here's the first batch - they're pretty bare-bones (no sewing line/fold marks - just a cut-out)

This is a folder link.
                      If that doesn't work right away (file host is moderated) I can repost deep links.

Comment

• Richard J. Fowlks
                        repeat offender
                        • Feb 10, 2010

Originally posted by TrueDave
                        Some of the Hasbro 12" Star Wars later stuff does a nice job on the hoods. baggy with stiches tucking it down to stay "baggy" . I have a whole bag of Jedi stuff and they did some really ingenious stuff.

I'd like to see A Phantom Zone crimminal jumpsuit. Jor Els kryptonian judge robes , Darkman/Shadow/Holmes/Dr Who cape coat
                        YES YES YES on the Kryptonian/Phantom Zone jumpsuit!!!!!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Azrak
                          I've screwed-up at least three attempts at a Spectre hood/cape combo, I'd love a pattern for that.
                          I've got a pretty good cheat for that.

Last edited by thunderbolt; Feb 28, '11, 6:43 PM.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 6, 2006

What I would like to see there is some demos on youtube. Things like casting a head or something would be really cool to watch.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎