Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the deal with GI Joe 1983 Major Bludds Black arm?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

What was the deal with GI Joe 1983 Major Bludds Black arm?

My first Swivel Arm Battle Grip and he only had one.

I thought the black one was suppossed to be an artifical arm.
    But when they finally did a new version (Sonic fighters) he had two articulated arms. Hall of Fame had two human arms.

I read the comic and watched the show and no clues.

??????
  • jasonmego1277
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 9, 2008

The arm was supposed to Bionic. Why they could Not articulate it is beyond me , but I never disliked or felt cheated. I guess I kind liked it as a different look from all the others. I still have mine to this day.

In The " Real World " Vampires Do Not Sparkle. They Burn In the Sun !

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131475...57650995605142

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

hasbro did not want to spring for the retooling.for one figure speical arm.
      the other arms were reused on other figures

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I never liked it, they should've atleast made it silver
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

I think it was supposed to be some type of arm armour that he wore. didn't the 12 inch HOF one have an outer casing on it?
          I never had issue with it though, it was kind of cool and he could hold the big blaster he had

Comment

• TrueDave
            Toy Maker
            • Jan 12, 2008

BAM! I got it.

I wouldnt have if not for the 25th release.That model had a removeable missle rack. his gun is a missle pistol and those three things on his back pack are additonal rockets.
            His finger is doing the A-Ok sign That was obviously meant to be the missle arm and the armor-sculpt was supposed to be from the backblast.
            PERHAPS: the sculpt was meant to be to allow a missle fire and it was scrapped????

I just got one in the mail.

Except you would think after poking ONE eye out he would learn not to do dangerous junk like that.
            I want my damn name in Wikipedia now for updating him.

Last edited by TrueDave; Feb 9, '11, 9:50 PM. Reason: I got even more brillyant.

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>you would think after poking ONE eye out he would learn not to do dangerous junk like that

HAW!

As I recall, the arm is supposed to be bionic. It sorta was or wasn't; depending on who was doing the art that issue. (It also has three fingers, doesn't it? I remember something odd about the hand, which is why I figured it was robotic.)

Don C.

Comment

• TrueDave
                Toy Maker
                • Jan 12, 2008

Originally posted by ctc
                >you would think after poking ONE eye out he would learn not to do dangerous junk like that

HAW!

As I recall, the arm is supposed to be bionic. It sorta was or wasn't; depending on who was doing the art that issue. (It also has three fingers, doesn't it? I remember something odd about the hand, which is why I figured it was robotic.)

Don C.
                It looks like the fingers are big enough to actually be armor and he has two finders in each glove finger. Like the Yoda Halloween rubber gloves that are out.

I'll have to pick up a Classic Joe Graphic Novel so I can check out those stories.

I like it not being articulated reminds me A LOT of the Police Chief in the Frankenstien film and Young Frankenstien.

Comment

• acrovader
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 19, 2011

I never had an issue with his arm, further I like it for not having the swivel-arm battle grip- which makes it unique.

As an aside, I noticed there is several Cobra figures that have only one eye. I guess having one eye is villain thing.
                  I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎