Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help I.D.'ing small cyclops figure.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4NDR01D
    Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
    • Jan 22, 2008

Need help I.D.'ing small cyclops figure.

The one I have is about 1" tall and is green.
    He has long-ish hair.
    he is NOT a Palmer cyclops.
    he looks like something maybe made by Marx, its that style. he has a "base", so he can stand, unlike MIMP etc.
    pretty positive that he is vintage
    Also, he is hard plastic, not rubber.
    his pose- bent at the knees, right hand making fist, left hand is flat. he's "wearing" a primitive type skirt thingy.

any help would be appriciated. I like a good toy mystery, but havent been able to come up with an answer for this one. Dont think its part of a playset or boardgame pc. but you just never know. if I think of anything else ill update this thread. sorry no picture. Thanks in advance, Andy.
  • AAAAA
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 28, 2005

Atlantic
    ATLANTIC CYCLOPS TOY SOLDIERS PLAYSET 70s MIB on eBay!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
      Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
      • Jan 22, 2008

Sorry AAAAA, didn't realize you had posted. Unfortunatly thats not it. But here's a picture of a couple of small monster items I haven't Id'd yet.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

looks kinda like a Morlock from the Time Machine movie.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mazinz
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 2, 2007

The unicorn like red horse monster were all mass produced in the late 80's and early 90's. Not really from one collection or based on any particular character. I have seen them as plastic and rubber all seemingly taken from the same mold. I have also seen them in gumball machines, dollar stores as well as drug stores under cheap rack toys with a "fantasy knight" type of setting

the black Frankenstein piece I recognized immediately. He is from a (technically) monster variation for the board game "trouble". That game though being called "Yipes!". A link to the game and pieces (where you can see the monster) can be found on the link below

Yipes! | Image | BoardGameGeek
          "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎