X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoppola
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

7-11 Slurpee cups from the 70s

Not sure if this would be toy-related, but I was wondering if anyone collected the superhero cups that 7-11 used to sell Slurpees in?.
    There were several issues of them in both DC and Marvel.
    I've got a ton of them.
  • shazam7208
    Career Member
    • Oct 28, 2008

I had the entire set of DC cups when they first came out and some of the Marvel but we ended up selling them all in a garage sale when I was a kid...been working on getting a lot of them back.

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

There are quite a few here that collect them. In fact, someone just had both the DC and Marvel sets for sale in the marketplace a week or so ago. I only have about a dozen, mainly the Bat-related characters.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I love them and have a few.

Comment

• megojim
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 13, 2001

They were greatness as were the Baseball trading cups . . When I was a kid, if I had a quarter to burn it was a Slurpee Cup. I have a few of the Basball cups left but no Superhero
          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I've been focusing on the '75 Marvel line which can be sometimes challenging. There were 2 sizes and I've tried to get them all in the same size. It can be hard to tell just by pictures on ebay.

There were really a bunch of different Slurpee lines- Superheroes, Baseball, Football, Hanna Baraber, Monsters, Music Icons... I'm not even sure how many different kinds they had. I only discovered some as an adult collector.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
              Career Member
              • Nov 27, 2009

I have every Hulk cup that 7-11 ever produced and even the glass one.

Love em. They just scream "classic."
              If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• CowofZot
                • Feb 1, 2011

Your're the coolest. I'm jealous. I used to collect em in 75. I did have a TON of Wacky Packages on my headboard also.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 27, 2009

Thanks. When I was a kid I never saw a 7-11 until the early 90's. I always dreamed of going there as a kid to get these cups. Thank God for Ebay because when it came out in the early 2000's those Hulk cups were one of my main targets. And I got a few of the checklists too. Cool stuff!!
                  If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• tay666
                    Career Member
                    • Dec 27, 2008

Yeah. We have never had a 7-11 anywhere in the area.
                    So I never had a chance at this as a kid.

Every now and then I think about picking up a few for my Conan collection.
                    Would be cool to have.
                    Just never got around to pulling the trigger on any of them.

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 1, 2005

I love 'em, I can remember these being around when I was very young, but I didn't get to go to 7-11 very often (my mother had some aversion to it, for some reason). But I vaguely remembered having at least one of them. Only within the last few years did I start seeking them out and buying 'em, and I have about a dozen of them now. I pick them up now and then when I find good deals, but until I have a really good way of storing/displaying them, I'm just taking it slow.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 25, 2010

There was a 7-11 near our neighborhood. We were always either walking or riding our bikes there. I have several of the slurpee cups boxed away in the shed. I need to get them out and see what i have. It seems that last time i put my eyes on them, they had kinda faded to a greenish tint. Maybe i had them displayed near a window back in the day .
                        Vintage Toy Rescue
                        1614-B N State Hwy 161
                        Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                        (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡