• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nubee
    Career Member
    • Feb 15, 2010

ZICA and GoHero

Hi everyone,

Just FYI, GoHero just sent me an email stating ZICA and GoHero will be teaming up to bring us more 1:9 figures in addition to Adam West, we will be getting more Blue Water figures, like Sinbad: Rogue Of Mars and and Logan's Run: Last Day. This is quite exciting. I like to see the Sinbad.

I was really hoping for a 1:9 Doc Savage and the Shadow, too. Any chance, ZICA?

I know this is asking a lot, but how about Kull?....I know...I know Conan would be a better seller.
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by nubee
    Hi everyone,

Just FYI, GoHero just sent me an email stating ZICA and GoHero will be teaming up to bring us more 1:9 figures in addition to Adam West, we will be getting more Blue Water figures, like Sinbad: Rogue Of Mars and and Logan's Run: Last Day. This is quite exciting. I like to see the Sinbad.

I was really hoping for a 1:9 Doc Savage and the Shadow, too. Any chance, ZICA?

I know this is asking a lot, but how about Kull?....I know...I know Conan would be a better seller.
    The deal with Sinbad: Rogue Of Mars came together just a few days ago. There's been some discussion on Doc Savage and The Shadow but currently there are no plans to do 1/9 scale action figures. Kull might be good to take a closer look at sometime down the road.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

A Kull produced with the same detail and quality as the Buck Rogers line would be a hit IMO. The license should be much more reasonable than Conan:-)

Comment

• nubee
        Career Member
        • Feb 15, 2010

I always like Kull better because he was an more intellectual character as oppose to Conan. Imagine if we were able to get both (Kull and Conan) and Red Sonja too. What a display that would make. I wonder can something be done similar to Matty's Vikor from the He-Man line. Vikor is by all means Conan. Maybe Kull or Conan can be call something else and the license expense be voided as a result?

Real bummer in regard to Doc Savage and the Shadow. I guess I can understand a 1:9 version may hinder sales for the 1:6 version. Just FYI, I ordered the 1/6 version of the Shadow from BBT once it became available and I can't wait till it is in my hands. I would have been very gitty with a 1:9 version of both too.

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

craig, any chances on taking on the classic battlestar galactica, green hornet, six million dollar man or even wild wild west franchise?

Comment

• megozilla13
            Persistent Member
            • May 10, 2002

Cool News. I read somewhere that Go Hero was going to start manufacturing their figures here in the US. Will that apply to Zica too?

mikej
            WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

I really like the idea of The Shadow. Red Sonia would also be a "must have".
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                Red Sonja would also be a "must have".
                Hell yeah! I'd buy a couple of those!
                sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by starsky
                  craig, any chances on taking on the classic battlestar galactica, green hornet, six million dollar man or even wild wild west franchise?
                  At some point I would love to take on those licenses but for now all of my attention and resources need to be put toward finishing Buck Rogers, Adam West, and Logan's Run.

Originally posted by megozilla13
                  Cool News. I read somewhere that Go Hero was going to start manufacturing their figures here in the US. Will that apply to Zica too?

mikej
                  At one point I think Go Hero was looking to have some of their vinyl products made here in the US but that was it. Anything action figure related will still be done in China.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                    At some point I would love to take on those licenses but for now all of my attention and resources need to be put toward finishing Buck Rogers, Adam West, and Logan's Run.
                    Depending on how you're going to approach Twiki, the mini-body could be re-used for Miguelito Loveless.

Just an idea...

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

The Buck Rodgers line (Wave 1 and 2) should be most priority (I wont be happy till I get Hawk,Wilma,and Space Vampire)

The Sinbad line could be quite interesting

Comment

• samurainoir
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Dec 26, 2006

How about a little red blinking LED on the palm?

So we're talking about the comic book likenesses instead of movie right?

A shame we won't be getting Michael York and Jenny Agutter.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

I guess Sinbad is close enough to the Harryhausen.

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
                            How about a little red blinking LED on the palm?

So we're talking about the comic book likenesses instead of movie right?

A shame we won't be getting Michael York and Jenny Agutter.

http://www.racycostumes.com/racycost...logans-run.jpg
                            We'll probably do an extra hand set that includes one with the red light, but not blinking. Yes, it will be the comic book likeness. That's what Bluewater has the license for so that's the one we have to use.

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

COOL! A decent Sinbad figure! The Harryhausen movie was my favorite.

I didn't much like the one with Torin Thatcher and Kerwin Matthews, but the one with Tom Baker was by far the BEST!
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎