Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meinvw
    • Jan 27, 2011

Value of a batmobile

hey all, newbie to the site here found it searching for some info on a toy. I am familiar with Lees and use it regularly. Been looking for info on a pedal car and finally found the answer as to what it was here after 3 years!!!
    But was wondering if anyone has an idea on the value of a rough sears batmobile from the 70's. Was thinking of putting it up on ebay but not sure what to expect. Its pretty cool looking and thought about hanging onto it and painting it but know that that can sometimes be a bad thing so looking for some direction with it.
    Any help is greatly appriciated!

• Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

That is an Empire Batmobile. I have one. Had one as a kid, and bought one as an adult. Looks like it is extremely faded, or painted maybe?

I'd have to check with my wife, who actually bought it for me, but I'm thinking I paid over $200 for mine, which while not mint by any means, was still a nice presentation piece. This was back in the late 90s, in ebay's infancy.

I haven't seen many of these turn up, but I'm not sure of the demand for them. It was a grail piece, and since my parents helped to foot the bill to make up for my dad throwing my old one out, money wasn't too much of an object.

Here's a pic of mine. I hope you have good luck if you try and sell it, and welcome to the museum!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• meinvw
      • Jan 27, 2011

thanks, saw your pic while searching thru the threads. Mine is faded and no paint on it, should be on ebay tonight. Just to large of a toy and takes up a lot of space. Did you get yours in the condition shown? Looks like all the stickers are there where as mine are all but forgotten! If it does not sell any ideas on where to get the logos for it? Maybe the windshields as well, but seiing yours looks like those might be like hens teeth....oppps did I show my age there!!! thanks for the input.

Comment

• meinvw
        • Jan 27, 2011

Oh yeah nice collection there!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Not sure on the stickers. I've never ran across anyone reproducing them. The stickers on mine are original. The ones on the side are a bit rough. I am missing the windshields and walkie-talkie and antenna that I remember from my childhood one.

I think that overall this piece is hard to find, but given it's size and realtively short production time (that I know of, anyway) I'm not really sure of the demand for it, compared to other Batman pieces.

Good luck with your auction!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• meinvw
            • Jan 27, 2011

It will go up for auction tonight if my old but can stay up that late!! Just went and looked this one is missing the windshields and antenna as well. Maybe I will run across some of the parts you need i9n the future. Big thanks for the info, now lets see what it can do!

Oh yeah, you messed me up with the pic of yours, did not realize they were the dark blue. So if no sale now i have to decice on the color of yours or black!!!! Not like there are enough choices in life to start with!! thanks man....JK of course, but..dangit...blue...black...blue...black.....LOL

Comment

• Meule
              Verbose Member
              • Nov 14, 2004

Ooooh, I wouldn't mind having that one for my son. New paint job and it'd look as good as new. Too bad shipping overseas would be so expensive
              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• meinvw
                • Jan 27, 2011

Originally posted by Meule
                Ooooh, I wouldn't mind having that one for my son. New paint job and it'd look as good as new. Too bad shipping overseas would be so expensive
                You are right there. Have sold a lot of toys to Europe and the shipping is as much as the item! Sold an igloo cooler awhile back for $300 and the shipping was $350, way smaller than this, cannot imagine overseas shipping for it. could always find a car being shipped and put it in the trunk!!!

Comment

• Meule
                  Verbose Member
                  • Nov 14, 2004

Yeah, it's a real shame. You wouldn't believe the things I've had to pass on because of the expensive shipping. But hey, my wallet isn't complaining
                  Still, I would've loved this one, would've customized it into the 66 Barris Batmobile. If you can find a car give me a heads up, so I know to look in the trunk
                  "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

Welcome to the Museum.

Comment

• meinvw
                      • Jan 27, 2011

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
                      Welcome to the Museum.
                      Thank you, having a blast looking at all the oldies I wish I still had!!! Gonna have to get in touch with mom and have her send some pics my way to scan from Christmas past. Ahhh, sad thoughts there on what was, but thanks to you guys here might be again!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎