• Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Football Helmet

Looking for some input . . .

I have a custom I need a red footbal helmet for. I'm seeing two options:

1) I have an AJ football helmet in my parts bucket, but it needs to be painted -- what paint would work best (if at all) on that Mego plastic?

2) Is there a mego-scale football helmet available elsewhere? I remember those ones on the .25 bubble prize machines at the front of the grocery store when I was a kid . . . anyone know if anything like that's available now?

Thanks for the help!

-- Pat
    Last edited by knight errant00; Jan 26, '11, 2:34 PM.
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

Whatever paint you end up using, using a primer first will help the plastic stick better and longer.

Comment

• MLoudin
      Possessed by Megos
      • Sep 13, 2007

Riddell still makes the small, close to mego sized helmets for almost every team in the universe including college, the NFL and even the CFL. They also sell individual helmets on Amazon
      Sets and Cases

Comment

• AAAAA
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 28, 2005

How about these . Item number 250761946810
        eBay - New more at low prices

Comment

• Ninersphan1
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by MLoudin
          Riddell still makes the small, close to mego sized helmets for almost every team in the universe including college, the NFL and even the CFL. They also sell individual helmets on Amazon
          Sets and Cases
          These are actually closer to 1/6 scale- fits 12" figures than 1/9 or mego scale. My daughters use some of the ones I have on their Ken dolls and they fit on my fuzz head GI Joes. I think they'r make mego's look like bobbles heads by comparison. Better painting the AJ helmet. At least you know it will fit.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎