X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monsterama2000
    Creepy and Kooky!
    • Mar 27, 2008

Heroes World Superhero Catalogue

I found this Heroes World Superhero Catalogue at my local comic shop in his quarter box. It's dated Vol. 7, Fall, 1978. I'm sharing scans of it on my blog. So far I've uploaded --

The front and back cover
    Pages 1-10
    Pages 11-20

There are 50 pages total. I hope to share 10 a week. I'll post here when the next set goes up.

Here's some of the Mego pages --

Erick
    sigpic
    Wonderful Wonderblog
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah. Great stuff. I have five issues from the 70's. This one included. This issue is infamous for one very good reason - The Teen Titans...or lack thereof. You will note there is no Kid Flash or Aqualad listed on the Mego 8 inch assortment. They had only advertised the Teen Titans for the first time in Vol. 6 earlier that winter or spring. But by that Fall, two of the four were gone. For myself, that illustration of Kid Flash in Vol 6 would be the ONLY time I saw a reference of him until 1991. I saw the other figures at stores, but never Kid Flash. Being that I always wanted a Flash figure, I was crazy to get this one. Didn't actually land one for myself until 9-10-2001 (on the eve of the attack on the Twin Towers). Whoever thought you could pick up and associate a Mego with a national tragedy?

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

You gotta love it. Certainly would have bought it for a quarter. We have some scans in the museum...

The Heroes World Comic Book Ad Archive I Mego I Ivan Snyder I MEGOMUSEUM
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 1, 2005

Yep, had that exact catalog when I was a kid. Seeing all the stuff you could buy out of there was enough to literally give you a head-rush.....still does, actually

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks for sharing! I never had any of the catalogs as a young kid, but I remember the comic ads well. I found one of the catalogs at a flea market when I was about 13 or so and I was floored by the rush of nostalgia these things bring. Fun to see the artwork from the Kubert School too.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• boynightwing
            That Carl Guy
            • Apr 24, 2002

I have one issue that I got when I was very young. I had this habit of circling in crayon everything I wanted...which really was just the whole book.

I find it interesting that they drew all the figures instead of photographing them.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

It was done by the students at the Joe Kubert School of Art. I went there in the mid 80's. ALOT cheaper than paying a photographer to set up and shoot each toy. LOTS cheaper.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎