Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody put Ape feet on Ape bodies? Pictures? Advice?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueDave
    Toy Maker
    • Jan 12, 2008

Anybody put Ape feet on Ape bodies? Pictures? Advice?

I love the look and poseabilty with teh Mugato and am considering putting ape feet on all my POTA male ape characters.
    I am hesitant to cut the leggings ( might check out CTTV for purple and brown leggings) on vintage pieces.

I'd love to see how anybody else has done this really obvious conversion.

( Even if I resculpt the mugato feet to look like shoes I'm a little torn with what to do about the connection to the pants. Stirrups? Cuffs for boot tops? not worry about it?)

The POTA guys dont look right unless they are hunched over. Mego made the Gorillas with longer tunics to help with the Movie look but they look bad with good posture.
    Mego Mugato wins again !
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

I wouldn't go cutting the legs on any of your apes pants... If you do want to go that route, you may be better off looking for chimp pants that already have holes in the foot area, you wouldn't have to worry about anything then because the piece is damaged already...

As far as the gorilla, the "ape foot" design of the Mugato foot would look good if you had them on an ape wearing one of the CONQUEST jumpsuits Theressa sells, or if you came up with some other bootless designed outfit for them... Other than that, they mainly do wear boots, so how would you handle the upper boot aspect on your Soldiers?

Comment

• TrueDave
      Toy Maker
      • Jan 12, 2008

I was thinking I could just cut a Klingon boot for the tops or better yet use the same idea as the cuffs on the later Soldiers. Vinyl sew on the pant legs. Or: doesnt Castawy make boot and glove tops similar to the Magnetic Batman idea? ( Or DC Silver Age 9")
      It wouldnt be hard to smear some sculpy in the Mugato feet before I cast it to give it a shoe apperance.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎