X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Mad Monster Party?

Charlie was kind enough to lend me this movie so I could show it to my kids in what I hope will be a tradition like Rudolph at Christmas.

The kids really dug it in a way only children seem to do, they've watched it five times since then.

I also gave them a set of those Burger Kind figures which they haven't put down in days either. Hearing my daughter go "rawr!" with the creature figure is especially cool.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

LOL! yeah man kids dig all those Halloween and scary things,I'm telling you my little nephew loves the exorcist and is always repeating lines from the movie
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Hands Down my Favorite Rankin/Bass Movie done during their Heydays has all the quality and charm of the TV specials and If I'm not Mistaken one of the Last things Boris Karloff did....also with Harvey Kurtzman from Mad had a hand in writing the script and Jack Davis doing the designs the movie has become a favorite over the years Anchor bays dvd is a mint transfer of the film but unfortunately no extras. Gale Garnett the voice of Francesca also had a big hit song We'll sing in the Sunset. But it's Ethel Ennis James Bond Style song at the begining of the movie that I've always liked......
      Last edited by kingdom warrior; Nov 1, '07, 4:41 PM.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

For those who have never seen gale garnett here she is singing on and old scopitone film

YouTube - Gale Garnett - Where Do You Go To Go Away

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Great movie! Forget Frosty and Rudolph, I was all about Mad Monster Party.

Gale Garnett as Francesca was a perfect fit. A prototype Jessica Rabbit.

Gale Garnett/Francesca singing Never Was a Love Like Mine from Mad Monster Party.

YouTube - Never was a love like mine - Gale Garnett Mad Monster Party
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

This is a true classic! For years the only copy I had was a crappy old VHS taping from the WOR Million Dollar Movie...snagged up the Anchor Bay DVD release a few years back.
            They've re-released the DVD this year and I suggest everyone run out and grab a copy.

There's also the traditionally animated "sequel" Mad, Mad, Mad Monsters from 1972. This is worth picking up if you can find it (good luck) on VHS just if you're a Mad Monster completist. It's definitely inferior to the original.

Check out the official Rankin Bass Mad Monster page: http://www.rankinbass.com/mmphome.html
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I got this in from Amazon the other day, and my son loved it. Unfortunately for me, this movie was not aired in our area when I was a kid. I didn't see it until I was 12 or so, and I only caught part of it then. So it was an experience for me to finally get to see it. As a big fan of the Rankin/Bass holiday specials, I feel like I missed out on 30 years of entertainment.

Oddly enough, my son got out my Burger King figures and played with them too after watching this!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Gale Garnett as Francesca was a perfect fit. A prototype Jessica Rabbit.
                I totally agree, it's just a little too similiar.

Oddly enough, my son got out my Burger King figures and played with them too after watching this!
                My son started imitating Karloff and Dracula, it was just about the coolest thing ever. I never saw all of MMP until I was an adult, I always seemed to come in during the middle and it really bugged me as a kid.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• dumbldor
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 9, 2002

I only have vague memories of this film from childhood. It was odd watching it with a group of grown toy collectors, but I did enjoy it thoroughly. The only downer was the lame Jimmy Stewartesque voice of the nephew.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

The only downer was the lame Jimmy Stewartesque voice of the nephew.
                    As a newbie to MMP?, that took some getting used to for me. I don't think it really fit like the other voices did.

Is it just me, or does Sesame Street's Count owe something to MMP?'s Dracula?

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
                      Pat Troughton in disguise
                      • Nov 21, 2007

Great movie
                      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎