X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

MEGO flesh color paint

I have been mixing Liquitex Acrylic Paint to get MEGO flesh. I have a rich, peach/flesh color but can't seem to get it into the darker,(?), almost tan/sandy flesh color. I've mixed Light Portrait Pink with Red and Yellow Oxide. Adding Yellow Oxide makes it close but I need to get it out of the "pink" range and more into the "flesh" range. Should I keep going with the Yellow Oxide or is there anther color that would work better? Does anyone else use Liquitex? Is it a good or bad choice to paint custom heads? It does seem it could a bit thinner to me.
    Last edited by johnmiic; Jan 20, '11, 11:16 AM.
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

John,

If you like the skin color of my customs use Testors Model Masters Skin Tone Warm Tint ACRYLIC. It was recommended to me by David Lee years ago and I use it religiously.

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I would try a tiny touch of brown.

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

Thanks Guys!

Comment

• Spyweb007
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 18, 2006

I can usually get a good skin tone by mixing a tiny bit of brown with a lot of white paint.

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

A bit of a medium brown works. Try it without the yellow. If you need to lighten it, add a VERY LITTLE bit of white. If you're looking for cheapie paint, regular Testor's enamel "wood" is pretty close to a Mego caucasian shade. (It's thick paint though.) I've used Liquitex before, and yeah; it's REAL fragile. Even after varnishing. You can get a catalyst for it that'll toughen it up. (Check different airbrush stores.... it's used a lot to colourfast aribrushed t-shirts.)

Don C.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎