• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Little Big Planet 2

Anybody pick this up yet?

I was wondering how it is. I liked the first one but I thought the difficulty curve was WAY too high. The game started out as wow, this is really fun and quickly ramped up to swearing at the TV hard. The last levels were borderline cruely hard. Loved the look of the game and the little sack people but, man, was it hard. The PSP one wasn't nearly so hard and had a much more even difficulty curve. I'm hoping the kept the toned down difficulty from the PSP version.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • SlipperyLilSuckers
    MeGoing
    • May 14, 2003

I really loved LBP when I first started playing it, but then got really stuck in one level near the end of the game and lost interest.

I really have to agree wholeheartedly with your "borderline cruel" comment!

My 7 year old nephew absolutely loves it and has been counting the days 'til LBP2 comes out. I never really got into creating levels...he spent hours on it.

This arrived in the mail (from TRU) today for him...he is going to go sick when Auntie Cat gets back from USA:

10 inch plush figure...
    Last edited by SlipperyLilSuckers; Jan 19, '11, 5:06 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
      This arrived in the mail (from TRU) today for him...he is going to go sick when Auntie Cat gets back from USA:

10 inch plush figure...
      http://TRUS.imageg.net/graphics/prod...-8650373dt.jpg
      Yeah, those are totally adorable.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TheDoLittle
        Disco King Discomboblator
        • Oct 24, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Anybody pick this up yet?

I was wondering how it is. I liked the first one but I thought the difficulty curve was WAY too high. The game started out as wow, this is really fun and quickly ramped up to swearing at the TV hard. The last levels were borderline cruely hard. Loved the look of the game and the little sack people but, man, was it hard. The PSP one wasn't nearly so hard and had a much more even difficulty curve. I'm hoping the kept the toned down difficulty from the PSP version.
        I got my official big box version Monday and work has not allowed me to chance to open yet (and wife is watching the DVR'd "American Idol" so I won't be getting a chance tonight). I'm planning on hitting the first few levels Saturday afternoon, after my bowl of frosted mini-wheats and cartoons.

I have been lucky to actually play the beta and it's pretty much playing like the original, with the exception of getting used to the grappling hook. I also got to play their "Space Invaders" game in this fan made level which was awesome.

I really get the feeling they created this version more for the level creators than the casual player, but it's still simple and fun enough for them.
        ---
        David O. Little
        -=The DoLittle 8-)=-
        My Blog
        Picasa Web Albums - David Little

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

^ Ah the good life, cartoons and video games

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by SlipperyLilSuckers
            My 7 year old nephew absolutely loves it and has been counting the days 'til LBP2 comes out. I never really got into creating levels...he spent hours on it.
            Yeah, my 4 year old son is the same way. I could never get into creating levels, I found it too frustrating, I guess I don't have enough patience (but I do love playing the game). But my son is so hooked on it. He doesn't care about playing the game, he just loves creating his own stuff, he'd do it all day, every day if I'd let him. He knew that LBP2 is coming out, I'll probably pick it up soon. And those plush Sackboys are so cute, I'll probably pick one up for my son, he'd probably go nuts when he saw it.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
              MeGoing
              • May 14, 2003

^ It's so cute in the flesh I almost feel like getting myself one, but my house is already overflowing...must resist...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎