Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toylines you are surprised haven't gotten a revival.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Toylines you are surprised haven't gotten a revival.

For me it used to be Thundercats. But now since bandai is going to release new Thundercats toys, I'd pick Silverhawks as my top choice. The Kenner figures were really cool looking. Loved the chrome.

Silverhawks cartoon intro. Great theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUe5U...eature=related
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Captain Planet! No not really but why not? In today's super eco conscious / politically correct world the Captain would be a natural right?

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

M.A.S.K. Other than the Matt Trakker figure from G.I. Joe awhile back,there hasn't been squat.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Big Jim, I'm hoping that Mattel would bring it back as a retro toy.......

The Lone Ranger I know it needs a big time movie as a tie in.....but damn I would love for this to come back...

Comment

• BOTZWANA
          spam
          • May 28, 2009

Dungeons and Dragons. Think of the monsters that could be made now! The Carrion Crawler with today's articulation etc...

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Big Jim's PACK
            Pulsar
            Adventure People
            Action Jackson
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
              MeGoing
              • May 14, 2003

I could get into that Silverhawks cartoon...haven't seen it before.

Ja, Big Jim, particularly in 8 inch scale with heaps of costumes and accessories. I would be so there.

Comment

• Batman
                "Real" Unlike Others
                • Dec 13, 2010

Sectaurs
                Big Jim
                Mantech
                Robo Force
                Inhumanoids
                Starriors
                Shogun Warriors
                Last edited by Batman; Jan 17, '11, 8:37 PM.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Lone Ranger will get his due when the Johnny Depp flick comes out. hopefully it is a big comeback for LR.
                  Silverhawks is not that well known so I can't see that one. MASK has potential but they need to be bigger than the originals. Thundercats would be cool if they bring back a modern cartoon to go with it aimed for a slightly older crowd...ahem...the original toon was too juvenile.
                  how about Shogun Warriors?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

M.A.S.K. would be my top choice too. There have been several lines that have mimicked the concept, like Vor-Tech about a decade back or so, and even Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5 has some similarities, but no official relaunch yet, other than the Trakker Joe figure.

Battle Beasts seems like a line perfect to merge into one of those card-game centered lines, but I guess Gormitti is actually pretty close to that.

Seems like M.U.S.C.L.E. would go over well since small figures are in and wrestling is still big.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      Thundercats would be cool if they bring back a modern cartoon to go with it aimed for a slightly older crowd...ahem...the original toon was too juvenile.
                      Hey! I love the Thundercats cartoon.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

I would love to see Big Jim come back, but cost seems to be too big an issue in reviving these old lines. If a $3.00 Mego is now $20.00, I can only imagine what a Big Jim would be! Toy companies will always refer to these as collectible lines. So they will always reach deep into your pockets for the privilege. I think that is unnecessary. If Hasbro can bring back the 12 inch Joes for $9.99, then other lines could follow suit.
                        Last edited by MIB41; Jan 18, '11, 7:48 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by MIB41
                          I would love to see Big Jim come back, but cost seems to be too big an issue in reviving these old lines. If a $3.00 Mego is now $20.00, I can only imagine what a Big Jim would be! Toy companies will always refer to these as collectible lines. So they will always reach deep into your pockets for the privilege. I think that is unnecessary. If Hasbro can bring back the 12 inch Joes for $9.99, then other lines could follow suit.
                          As I've mentioned before, Hasbro only made Joe $9.99 after years of mileage out of those molds and it was a Wal-Mart lost lead promotion. Most of the reissue sets were $20 prior to that.

If Mattel brought Jim back as a Matty exclusive, he'd probably be $20 like the He-Man figures, there is no licensor to pay. Although I kind of hope they would bring it back in a mass market situation.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
                            As I've mentioned before, Hasbro only made Joe $9.99 after years of mileage out of those molds and it was a Wal-Mart lost lead promotion. Most of the reissue sets were $20 prior to that.

If Mattel brought Jim back as a Matty exclusive, he'd probably be $20 like the He-Man figures, there is no licensor to pay. Although I kind of hope they would bring it back in a mass market situation.
                            That's a good point. Plus, I am of the belief that many of those Joes were recycled leftovers from the 40th Anniversary sets that didn't sell. Talk about overpriced product when those first came out. Sheesh! That was insane for that period.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

Sad as this is...I don't think any line that doesn't have a TV, Movie, Music, or video game tie-in is gonna make it these days. Action Jackson flopped w/ Playing Mantis (of course, they didn't even bother w/ the mold) and even though Big Jim is a great line...it wouldn't go beyond the collectors market.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎